“great service, multi beer brands, great prices”
Review of Copper Penny

Copper Penny
Ranked #10 of 694 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Yes its a bar!, but handled or table of 13( reservation) with ease, most entrees/sandwiches are under $15, I had the strip steak special- tasty and done right! RARE! Some had doggy bags , great local place in historic downtown

There are newer reviews for Copper Penny

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went in for a quick lunch, not wanting to eat a large meal. Everything on the menu looked good though! I chose a cup of the loaded baked potato soup & half a classic salad with sesame vinaigrette. I really enjoyed the soup, it was very tasty as was the salad & dressing. The "half" size salad was a perfect size for me; I don't think I'd be able to finish the regular size. Prompt and very friendly waitstaff. Avoided the crowds on this visit as it was during the week after typical lunch hours. I would return again to try one of their burgers or reuben.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was visiting with family and a few people insisted that we eat there. It was crowded, but not uncomfortably so. Clearly people love this place and the servers were hustling about filling cups and bringing food to tables.

I was with a group and everyone tried different things. We all had meat dishes, so I can't speak to the fish, which several people suggested try another time. Everyone enjoyed the meal and the service was prompt although our waitress could not spend too much time being friendly with us due to the number of people. I might eat there again, but I was not impressed. I did enjoy my burger, and I had no complaints, but I also couldn't differentiate this from other places at which I've eaten in dozens of other towns. The location is convenient and the price reasonable.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Met up with 5 friends for dinner here before a concert in January. The food was decent enough, not spectacular, but it was busy and our friends said that it was normally better.
Our server stopped in a few times for drink re-orders, but was not really as attentive as we needed her to be. After everyone was ready, we waited for about 10 minutes to place the dinner order.
I might try it again on a not-so-busy night.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Bar type atmosphere but food is a notch above. Good burgers sweet potato fries and onion rings. The Asian slaw was different. Service however is very slow even when not busy. Even had to wait on drinks for some time. They have specials on certain nights so look out for them.