“Best Pub Grub” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Copper Penny

Copper Penny
Ranked #8 of 666 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Best Pub Grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Hands down the best pub grub in Wilmington period. Not a lot of staff turnover they end up knowing you after awhile. It's always busy and I wouldn't have it any other way. Meateast and tastiest wings in Wilmington.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pub food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great food. The cheesesteak with the homemade chips is always a winner. They also have the best wings in town. I like a lot of things on their menu and I highly recommend this place.

Visited September 2012
Wilmington, NC
“Great Pub Grub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Being of Irish descent I take a certain pride in all things Irish. And having traveled in Ireland I believe I have a slight bit of credulity. The Copper Penny has it exactly right. Atmosphere is excellent. Selection is excellent. and the corned beef is excellent! I had the Reuben and loved every bit. It's my new favorite Reuben in Wilmington. Service was excellent too.

• Visited September 2012
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I love going here. I love the way the place is decorated. The wait staff is excellent. The food is great. The onion soup is the best I have ever eaten. Highly recommend eating here if you are in town.

Visited July 2012
Denver
“Standard pub grub, but tasty w/ very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was in Wilmington recently visiting my retired parents. We were looking for a casual place to enjoy a late lunch on Labor Day so I checked out TA - and the Copper Penny came up. So we gave it a whirl. Inside was the standard pub ambience - a little dark, a few TVs on with the current golf tournament, and only a couple empty tables. We grabbed a table in the rear of the restaurant. The server came quickly and answered a few questions about the menu. My step father had the Reuben, my mother had the fish and chips, and I was craving a burger, so I had the Angus/prime rib burger (or whatever it was called!) -- all 3 dishes were served promptly and at the proper temperature. I ordered my burger mid-rare, and it came out just a tad more done than I would have preferred, but it was very good. The Reuben and fish & chips were also first rate for this type of establishment.
As we left there were a few families coming in w/ small children - not what I would usually expect at a pub, but I think the atmosphere of this place, mixed w/ the holiday, makes this place appealing to 30-somethings w/ kids.
Side note - the owner and his wife (according to our server) are from the Philly/NJ area, and are Philly fans for all sports - so if you're looking for a place to catch the Eagles or any other Philly based pro sports game, this is probably one of your best bets in the Wilmington area.

• Visited September 2012