“So Delicious!”
Review of Caprice Bistro

Caprice Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Caprice Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 721 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water St.
Description: French bistro style with a Belgian twist.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I ate at Caprice Bistro not that long ago, and it was great! I had triggerfish (which is already special, since a lot of restaurants in Wilmington don't seem to have triggerfish), which was cooked and seasoned perfectly. A friend of mine had the pork cheek appetizer which was also delicious.
They have a nice little sofa lounge upstairs where you can hang out and have a drink before or after dinner. The restaurant itself is fairly small, but I think it has a great intimate atmosphere. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The reviews were stellar so we gave it a try. We were disappointed. My husband's coq a vin was covered in a sauce that had an unpleasant barbeque flavor, totally uncharacteristic of this dish. My salmon was supposed to be crusted with pistachio and herbs. There was no evidence of pistachio and instead of herbs on the salmon, a big, tough sprig of thyme was placed on top of the salmon that imparted no flavor to the salmon. Wines were adequate. A local assured us our experience wasn't typical. We're in no hurry to go back.

2  Thank Bird0611
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Although there are many good restaurants in Wilmington, my wife and I recently made a return visit to Caprice Bistro and left convinced that it is the best restaurant in the city of Wilmington. The service was professional and very good. The food was outstanding. If you go, you have to try the pork cheeks appetizer. The pork is so tender it melts in your mouth, and the sauce is fantastic. Both of our entrees were out of this world, and the dessert was decadent. If you want the best food in Wilmington, you must eat at Caprice Bistro.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stumbled upon Caprice Bistro with my daughter while touring UNC, Wilmington. It was a cold evening out, and the atmosphere looked so cozy. The menu was so extensive and delicious that we had a hard time deciding what to order. Everything was delicious from the soups to the desserts. I enjoyed the pork Normandy and the salmon was wonderful. The service was attentive but not overbearing. We will be back!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in all NC is Caprice in Wilmington. Market near the water. French. Hospitable people. Comfortable, cozy bistro setting. Great food. Reasonable prices. Gracious service. A value in every way. Country pate. Escargot. Coq au vin. Seafood in a cream sauce. Floating Islands for dessert that were heavenly. Choices so tempting that you wring your hands because you cannot have them all! Caprice should get more attention. Always my first recommendation for friends visiting Wilmington NC. I try other eateries and gravitate back to Caprice. Five stars in my book. Reservations recommended but they can usually work you in if you drop by.