“A Great Dining Experience”
Review of Caprice Bistro

Caprice Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Caprice Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 709 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water St.
Description: French bistro style with a Belgian twist.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

What a great surprise. We decided to try Caprice Bistro later than we normally eat and arrived at 10:00pm. We were ushered upstairs and were quickly seated to our table. The waitress was professional and very helpful in helping with selections and let us know that the kitchen would be closing at 10:30pm . We quickly ordered our salads , appetizers, entrees and drinks and enjoyed the intimate surroundings. Our salads and appetizers arrived at our table in no time. Both the endive salad and Mussels were fresh and delicious. The entrees arrived shortly thereafter and were a delicious surprise. We are staying the weekend and will try in the morning to see if we can bring friends for another night at the Caprice. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Although the place is downtown and parking could be a problem, going there is well worth the effort. The menu is eclectic with a French flavor, the wine selection is thoughtful, the service is attentive, and the food delightful with a good presentation. Having reserved via Opentable, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they actually do read requests and strive to meet those requests. In our case, it was to have a window seating which they actually were holding. For a more romantic and quiet meal, I would suggest a table upstairs rather than down. It is a gem for the area and much better than driving through town to find something comparable.

1  Thank beachatthedoor
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I don't know why it took us so long to try Caprice Bistro. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, and the service was spot-on. The meal was absolutely out-of-this-world delicious. My husband loved the mussels in curry sauce. (I can't comment because I'm not a fan of mussels.) My pate appetizer was also great. The highlight of my meal was the Waterzooi. It was one of the most delicious dishes I've ever tasted. I can't recommend it highly enough. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his duck, which was also incredible. We finished our meal with a wonderful chocolate mousse. If you're visiting Wilmington, or if you live here, this is a restaurant which you cannot miss. I can't wait to go back and try everything on the menu.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you want to know where you can get GREAT French food, good sevice and at the same time feel like you really got value for your money this is the right place. If we had shut our eyes we would have thought we were back in Paris. This place is authentic. Real French food which is absolutley fabulous. Great service with a smile. It does not get better than this. I would go so far as to say that taking price into account, this is as good as any place I have ever been. We had a reservation. The place was packed but our table was ready for us. I had the escargot and coq au vin. My wife had spinach salad and a veggie pasta. Wine was very good and reasonable. I would eat here every week if I lived there.

1  Thank Lawrence B
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The service was superb, the seating very comfortable, and the food itself was delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the Wilmington area.