“CAPRICE TOPS IN WILMINGTON”
Review of Caprice Bistro

Caprice Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Caprice Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 698 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water St.
Description: French bistro style with a Belgian twist.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This French bistro has the atmosphere of a laid back restaurant in Paris. To be sure, the tables are a bit close together, but the feeling is cozy, not cramped. The star is the food and its preparation and presentation. There is a reason it's busy in early February! The value is surprisingly good. The endive salad I had was one of the very best restaurant salads I ever had -- and I'm not a fan of salads. I ate it all.The entree (strip steak au poivre) was well prepared and delicious. Service was knowledgable about the menu, friendly and attentive. When next we are in Wilmington Caprice wlll be at the top of our list.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had a lovely meal: carrot soup, pork cheeks (portions are huge!), coq au vin, and steak frites. Our table was on the 2nd floor, with great ambiance overlooking market street, and we had an enjoyable night overall, but the service was really lacking. Our waitress had zero personality, never introduced herself and was not engaged. The busboy, however, was personable and we wish we could have seen more of him. Also, I ordered the Steak Frites for dinner but the "frites" never came, I had to ask the waitress for them when I was nearly halfway through my meal! Dessert was so-so, nothing special or what we would have expected given how much we enjoyed our main meals. We would probably go back, but hope for a different server!

2  Thank sosatm
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The restaurant claims to have a romantic setting about it, which it absolutely would if I was not sitting on top of the two tables next two us. The restaurant would be great if it expanded to a larger location, though the food was excellent, and the service far exceeded my and my husbands expectations. It's a great place for a special occasion or to simply get a taste of French cuisine. I'd recommend a night that maybe isn't quite so busy as a Saturday night to get the full experience, the way it deserves to be had.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Landed here on Sunday, lucky it's 1/2 price wine night, $20 for $40 bottle of good Pinot noir, seafood waterzooi and mushroom crepes were both fabulous, good service too.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Many years ago I lived in Europe and worked with the Belgians. I could not pass up a visit to the Caprice while staying at the Hilton in Wilmington. So glad I took the short stroll down to Market St.
Everything I ordered was perfectly cooked and the Waterzooi (A house Specialty) was to die for!!
Reminded me of some back street Cafe's in Paris where the Flavors were so delightful yet not overpowering. Went back the second night and told all the girls too. You now have 20 fans who want to return just to eat at the Caprice Bistro. Thanks for the memories.