“Impeccably prepared food - and what a bargain"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caprice Bistro

Caprice Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Caprice Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 669 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water St.
Description: French bistro style with a Belgian twist.
Upstate NY
“Impeccably prepared food - and what a bargain"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

First visit to Wilmington and followed the Tripadvisor reviews to Caprice. The owners and staff were friendly and charming. We ate in the funkier upstairs bar/dining area. Very good, straightforward, well-priced wine list and the food did not disappoint. Particularly liked the smoked seafood appetizer - terrific variety of flavors and textures. Everyone at our table ordered different first courses and entrees and it was all GOOD. And, compared with NY prices - it was scandalously inexpensive. Now I'm lobbying to go back - and we were just there last night...

• Visited May 2011

“Great everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

This is ome of my favorite spots in wilmington! There 5 to 7pm menue is the best deal in town. Try the curry mussles!

Ottawa, Canada
“A little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

Lucked into this little gem of a restaurant on our drive home from FL. It was like
a Parisian bistro transported to America. I had a Belgian endive gratin done
perfectly and an Ile Flotante that brought back fond memories of bistros in Paris.
Very friendly and accommodating staff. Look forward to visiting this restaurant on
our trek back to Fl.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank Msrflc
NY
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

Excellent food and service. Reasonable prices for French cuisine. Get there early before the specials run out though. We went at 8 and the rabbit was, yet again, out. The specialty of the restaurant- seafood casserole was very good. It was almost a cross between chowder and curry. The room was quite loud, but that surely varies by the night I'm sure. Upstairs "couch lounge" worth checking out as well.

• Visited April 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
“I am in love with this chef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

I enjoy good food and try to seek out wonderful places when I travel. I found this place a year ago and I cannot go to Wilminton and not have a meal here. On this visit I went on a Wednesday night to have rabbit, each night the chef does a special. I didn't get there until 8pm and the rabbit had sold out. I was only slightly disappointed because although I have always wanted to try rabbit, I was conflicted because taken as a whole I love bunnies and didn't really want to eat one. I had the duck instead and it was so wonderful words really cannot descibe it. The salad on the side had the most delicious light creamy dressing you can imagine. The bread, the wine (waiter chose it for me) a beautifu lPinot Noir, I could go on and on, it was an experience. Sometimes when I visit this Bistro I ask myself how could I have lived so many years and not known food could be this good? If you go save room for the bread pudding for dessert. Anything you order will be over the top wonderful so feel free to order and experiment with this place.

• Visited February 2011