“Yummy and fun art”
Review of Jester's Cafe

Jester's Cafe
Ranked #53 of 703 Restaurants in Wilmington
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Jester's Cafe is a local breakfast, brunch and lunch spot in an historic bungalow in the Newcastle Arts and Antiques District of Wilmington. Some of our signature dishes include the Black Bean Benedict, Shrimp Salad, Chicken Bacon Cheddar Ranch Melt and our homemade quiches and stratas. We are usually closed Mondays, but available for business meetings and special functions.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a great place for brunch or lunch. The service was prompt and the variety of foods was terrific. I had the bagels and lox, but the "grilled cheese for grownups" looked very tempting as did the soups and quiches. The owner checked in to see if we were happy -- and best of all it came to about $10 a person. Nice back deck on a sunny day.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We showed up during a Sunday morning rush and were told that we'd have a 20-minute wait. 18 minutes later our table was ready. The food was fantastic, the coffee excellent and the service was warm, friendly and caring. If this is what they're like in a rush, I've got to get back during a slower time -- which we will do.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Have had many meals with friends either before or after church and have yet to be disappointed. I love the quiche and salads with the mini muffin treat. The coffee is great and the service cannot be better. Each staff member and the owner is friendly and welcoming. It is a small, often crowded and noisy, but a very warm and laid back kind of place. When the weather is nice sitting outside is divine.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We have been eating at Jesters for most of the five years we have lived in this area...it is a great gathering place to have lunch with friends, after church eats, or to take your elderly mother for something different. Their menu is unique and always prepared fresh. I have not had one thing that I did not love. Quality is consistently good, and the staff always friendly and efficient. They are known for their omelets which vary, their gumbo and the homemade desserts, including wonderful turnovers. The other choices vary from Rob's club (my favorite, to chicken salad melts, and shrimp salad...but I cannot do justice to their distinctive menu by just mentioning a few items. The decor is quite eclectic, with local artwork, and jester stuff!! This restaurant is not open for dinner. It is charmingly small, making for a great festiv , chatty atmosphere, so you may have to wait on some Sunday mornings. If you live in Wilmington and have not tired this greet little gem, get there...If you are visiting check it out, as it is nearby many antique shops on Castle St.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Blown Away! Sorry Sweet and Savory, your crown has been lost to Jester's Java! The NEW champion of sandwiches in Wilmington!! My first taste was the Newcastle's Pimento Cheese sandwich. Love at first bite!! I've had something different every visit (4 in the last 2 weeks) and every single item has been perfect. The proprietor delivers most orders to your table himself. This attention to detail is the hallmark of Excellence. I have to give them my highest rating. It's a MUST EAT for anyone in Wilmington.