New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #42 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Cary, North Carolina
“Disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

First of all I will never go back there again!! You have drug dealers, hookers, and all slim bags hanging around there. My family and I pulled up too check in and what we see is a hooker waving her nastiness around in front of my husband and kids.... Then the room was so gross. Under neath the bathroom sink you have roach eggs, beds where broken, plus the pool is broken. Front desk service was a joke. You had water on top of the microwave may been a leak from the other room above,carpets was gross told the kids too put their shoes back on and not too touch anything. Had these strang people hanging around the cars and all. Needless too say we did stay there for like 20 mins got our money back ASAP and packed the car up and found another hotel way better then there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Dnice37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Manteo, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I made the mistake of booking this motel without reading the tripadvisor reviews. If I was staying more than one night I would have canceled and found another motel. The place was old and dirty, from the rooms to the grounds. The clientele was shady to say the least. I thought a Ramada Inn would be nicer!!! Stay away !!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ManteoJoe

Travelers are raving about these Wilmington hotels

Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had made reservations here strictly going on the Ramada name and reputation. I admit I did not read the reviews BEFORE booking a room. The day before coming to town I did read them all and was shocked. The days of arrival we sat across the road in a restaurant and observed the place before going in. After we watched what was walking up and down the road, the people hanging out in the lot, and the sign up front on the building showing it is also a bar and dance club, we knew we had made a mistake. I walked in and cancelled my room. Later that evening we saw even more good reasons not to have stayed.

Room Tip: My understanding of this place is there are NO GOOD rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oldrob1956
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel about six eight years ago an it was rather nice. I do not think the hotel has been cleaned since then. The carpet smelled of mildew and cigarettes. While the bedding appeared to be clean, it was old, outdated and had a few cigarette holes from burns. Overall, the hotel needs a serious decor update, carpet removal and cleansing. Thankfully we only stayed for one night!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon C
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This place is not child friendly. The smell of marijuana coming from multiple rooms was overwhelming. Also,apparently they allow non-guests to use the pool. The crowd there Friday afternoon was from Wilmington Heights (or at least that's where one of them claimed they lived). One guest witnessed 2 of them having sex in the pool, called the front desk to complain...nothing was done. She said they stopped when they saw me coming. While I was there a car load pulled up beside the pool & again she called to complain. A young lady from the front desk came out and told them "I don't have a problem with you being here but the other guests are complaining so you have to leave." There was only 2 of us that were hotel guests & 6 of them. She walked away after chatting with them and didn't bother to make sure they left. They began to curse & carry on while they got their stuff together. I felt very uncomfortable. Only 4 of them went back to the car & 2 of them who came in the car didn't leave in the car. Don't know where they went. I went to the front desk to complain about how she handled it. I felt like she put the 2 of us guests in a dangerous situation by blaming us for them having to leave. She then proceeds to tell me that she knew them & they wouldn't have done anything. The other 2 who were behind the desk with her backed up her handling of the situation saying that it was fine for her to blame the guests because it was a guest complaining. I told them all that she should have simply informed them that they were not supposed to be there, therefore had to leave. But of course, the impression I got was that the hotel didn't have a problem with non-guests using the pool. And didn't see it as a potential dangerous situation for the paying guests.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donna1023
Raleigh NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The condition of the hotel rooms is poor to average. In our room, our toilet handle about came off completely & the toilet ran all the time despite efforts to jiggle the handle. The tub had black mold/stains in the grout. There was a dead baby cockroach which I removed and did not tell my kids about. There was dirt and grime in the air vent in the bathroom, which did not have a fan. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning seemed to work but had a hard time removing the moisture from the air. The breakfast area was ok, but if you can afford a bit more a night, there are so many better choices in Wilmington. The woman at the front desk was really incompetent and unprofessional. Will not stay again and my kids will be at UNC-Wilmington for the next 4 years. The outdoor pool looked amazingly nice and had a 9ft deep end - we didn't get a chance to try it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family