“There are better options in Wilmington”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 724 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grace St
Reviewed December 25, 2013

One steak, one app, one salad, five sides, and two drinks fed two couples and ran us about $200 with tip, which was to be expected based on reputation. However, for the price there are much better restaurants in town. While the steak was very good, the app, sides, and salad left so much to be desired that we'll not be back. The salad was little bigger than a side salad and limp, including brown lettuce which had to be picked out. Wish we'd treated our friends to Manna or the Brassiere.

1  Thank Occhiperonde

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Every Christmas Eve we go to this Ruth's Chris. Every year in the past everything was perfect, good food and service. This year was a little different. The steak and sides were awesome. But the service was extremely poor. We were seated in a corner surrounded by tables with party's of 6 or more. Because our waiter spent so much time waiting on the other tables by us, we were neglected. I would have to track him down to get a refill. We were able to get 2 all night. After we placed our order I bet he didn't come back but 3 times. And one of those times was because I asked him to please bring the bill. I know waiters/ waitress get paid off of tips but if they give bad service they get bad tips. They should never forget about the party of two in the corner while waiting on a party of 6 to 10.

1  Thank Barion B
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have traveled to wilmington several times a year and have been to this Ruths criss several times as well. We have always had a great meal here and enjoy the atmosphere. The filet is always a contender! Try the sweet potatoes as well, its like a desert insted of a side. Yes its a bit on the pricy side but soo good. If you like eating frugal, go to Golden corral? you get what you pay for in my opinion. No complaints here...if somethimg is wrong, they make it right. enjoy.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I went in to order seafood or chicken off the menu, but once I saw the sizzling filets go to other tables, I decided it was ok to fall off the wagon for one night. So well worth it. The petit filet was amazing and along with mashed sweets and a lemondrop martini, I have to admit the guilt was well worth it. I savored every morsel.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Somehow the management cannot manage reservations. Although many people there were celebrating birthdays, etc., including us, I could not believe that one entire 21st birthday party was in the dining room. They took up half the room, were mostly poorly dressed and very noisy and rowdy. As the evening went on, the noise level got louder and the "guest of honor" told everyone there to "go out and get wasted." Why ruin the special evening for so many diners by allowing a very large group to book the dining room for their party and to let them get out of control? Not going back there...too expensive to endure such horrible ambiance.

1  Thank J R