All reviews rooftop bar made to order omelets complimentary reception needed amenities parking garage is double queen suite a river view room walking area the river walk hilton brand hotels complimentary beverages room safe beautiful lobby hotel amenities several items nice hotel self park
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Starting the evening valet service straight the staff that was at the front desk during checkin my stay started off great. The friendliness of the staff was immediately shown. Throughout my entire stay every staff member I saw was nice, friendly and greeted me. The only complaint I would have is with the how my omelettes were made and the complimentary beverages. But those two things aren’t enough to keep me from returning very soon!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Melissa F, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Wilmington Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay. We are delighted you found our services excellent and our staff friendly.
We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

I was unable to arrive for the first scheduled night of my stay due to extreme travel delays. I called that evening and informed the staff that I would have to remove that first day. Staff told me that this was fine -- which was my expectation, and this was reaffirmed three times by other staff and an assistant manager after I checked in and began checking the status of my dispute -- one that I had anticipated to take minutes to close. However, a day before I checked out of my 12 night stay, I was told by the Manager that she would not grant my request to remove this night due to an e-check-in. I do not feel that this is an acceptable excuse. Corporate call center claimed they could not help. As I cannot expense two hotel stays for one night, I was forced to pay out of pocket for this night. As such, I cannot stay at Hilton hotels any longer as to avoid this risk. Teammates who stayed at a Marriott had no problems removing the first night.This is all very unfortunate -- I enjoyed my stay otherwise. Had I not had this dispute to deal with for a week and a half, it would have allowed me to enjoy the amenities and to submit a positive review. However, one action of the Front Office Manager ruined the experience and cost me almost two hundred dollars, thus this review is deserved.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank Zachhockey2
Victoria R, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Wilmington Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate all reviews from all of our guests. I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. Unfortunately Hilton's standards do not allow us to waive late cancellation fees for guest who have E-Checked In. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Please contact me direct at the email or phone number below if there is anything else we can do for you at this time. We strive to provide gracious, engaging and caring service and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Victoria

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I work in the hospitality business so I understand how hard it is to keep every guest happy etc but I still expected more from embassy suites. The front desk was not very helpful. I asked a simple question about transportation to the nearby island and their answer was “I don’t know”. Later when I asked him about the evening reception, he told me it was over, even though it wasn’t. Now the evening reception... I don’t mind that there’s a 2 drink maximum but the bartender wouldn’t even give me that. I asked for two drinks. He made me one drink with two shots of alcohol. Then I told him again I wanted TWO drinks. He explained that since he’d already made me one drink with two shots, the state law prohibits him from making me another drink. I understand when honest mistakes are made. The hurtful part was... I tipped him REALLY well because I noticed no one else tipped. But EVERYONE ELSE was able to get two drinks!! My partner, who also tipped him really well, got the same treatment as I did. So my “tip” for you... don’t tip him. You might get better service. This is by far the most money I’ve ever paid for an embassy suites but the worst one I’ve stayed at.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank nocheesie
Melissa F, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Wilmington Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

We're very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations during your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience as your satisfaction is very important to us.
Thank you again for your feedback.

With Hospitality,

Reviewed September 1, 2018

This was my 2nd stay in this property. It is a beautiful, brand new property, in a great location along the river. As such, there are plenty of gremlins (I actually have a list!). This is understandable, although its not like they've only been open a few weeks. The garage key didn't work to open the garage (but they really have the garage positioned so you want to valet anyway). The door on my room required a shoulder to open it. There is no way housekeeping hasn't noticed this. The AC wasn't working, so I called maintenance. He came up, flipped a switch or breaker, and it powered on and was blowing cold air. I went up to the restaurant/bar on the roof, but the "kitchen was broken" so all I could get was chips and salsa. The bar is awesome BTW, with a great layout, lots of seating, and a large draft beer selection. I went back to the room and the temperature was the same. I woke up in the morning and it was 2 degrees warmer. The toilet paper holder is falling off the wall, and it's definitely been noticed by housekeeping because it is pointing upward so the roll doesn't fall off. I tell the front desk my ac is still broken, and that I'll be gone all day so they can work on it. I get back to my room 7 hours later and it's still hot (I think it was 82-84). I go downstairs again, they call maintenance again, and finally decide to move me.

The elliptical machine in the fitness center is broken. The shower door in my 2nd room doesn't stay closed. The track must be off level, so it rolls open while showering. This is another thing that housekeeping must notice because the floor must be soaked every time they go in the make up a room.

In the lobby, there are 3 elevators. One only goes to the rooftop bar. There is a sign, but the buttons all work together. So I push the other button, the Cloud 9 elevator opens, but the guest room floor buttons don't work, so you have to send it to the roof, the push the button again to wait for one of the other elevators. Seriously?

I regret that I took an early flight out and never got a change to speak with the general manager. I have 74 stays in Hilton properties this year so far, and this was, by far, my worst stay of them all. The hotel is beautiful, and I'm pretty tolerant that sh!t happens, but the apparent lack of concern from staff is very disappointing. I expect more from Hilton.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Satypos

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate you choosing to stay and for sharing your concerns. I can understand your frustration and apologize for falling short on our high service standards. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations and this is certainly not the experience we want for our guests. We will be sharing your comments with our team in order to make improvements.

We do hope you will allow us another opportunity to provide a better experience next time.

With Hospitality,

Reviewed August 29, 2018

Booked this hotel 4 months in advanced, non-refundable room, part of a wedding block. At 6pm (8/25/18), while I'm walking down the aisle of said wedding, they leave me a voicemail that they overbooked and I no longer had a room at the hotel. Getting them to get me a new room was a complete cluster and insanely frustrating and involved multiple phone calls on my part from the wedding reception. While I booked and paid for this 3 star hotel, they sent me to a 2 store hotel half a mile away and promised me I would have no problems at check in. Show up at my 2 star hotel mad as all get out only to be told that I could not check in b/c I need to initially report to the Embassy suites to hand pickup a "bump letter" explaining that I needed a room (despite having a voicemail and email from the Embassy and personally talking to managers at both the Embassy and the new hotel they sent me to). Only after I refused to walk back to the Embassy by myself at midnight 5 times and threatened to make a scene in the new hotel's lobby did they offer to call the Embassy to confirm. I will NEVER book an Embassy again. As I told the manager on the phone, overbooking a hotel and bumping people is one thing, overbooking a hotel and bumping a person with a non-refundable room, who you know is there as a member of the wedding party and who 100% won't be cancelling their reservation b/c you know for a fact they will be at the wedding is irresponsible, bad business and plain atrocious!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank nctraveler27610
Victoria R, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Wilmington Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a guest, you are among our most valued guests. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry about the issues with not being able to accommodate you. Please know that these are not typical situations for our hotel. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Please contact me direct at the email or phone number below to allow me to ensure you were not charged. We strive to provide gracious, engaging and caring service and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Victoria