“Fabulous Time ! Relaxing to say the least!”
Review of Henrietta III

Henrietta III
Ranked #43 of 124 things to do in Wilmington
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruise the Cape Fear River in style on this elegant riverboat that offers narrated sightseeing tours, lunch and dinner cruises and romantic moonlight trips.
Reviewed May 31, 2010

My husband and I just took the cruise 5/29/10 for our 6th Anniversary. We had a fabulous time despite all the bad reviews. First of all you have to keep this in perspective. The boat cruises at a relaxing speed of 6 MPH so if your expecting some spectacular ship, you should look elsewhere. The food was buffett and GREAT! The staff was very nice and helpful during the entire cruise. The cruise starts out with a short breif tour because there is not that much to see along the river but the famous stuff you all know and love about Wilimington. The real deal with this is just the ambiance of a Dinner and Dance. You can relax on the decks and return to the dance at your leisure. If you are looking for a party boat this is not it, it is for lovers in every sense of the word. I found it well worth it for a night away from the kids, for a special date or for a celebration! By the way if you let them know ahead of time, they will recongnize your celebration.

3  Thank travelgrl4life
"paddle"
in 4 reviews
"comedian"

Reviewed December 29, 2009

I would like to say that this is great, but its just okay..The food isnt very good and once you get past the Historic District there isnt much to see

2  Thank dean4328
Reviewed October 13, 2009

I was really looking forward to this riverboat cruise. Everything that I read about it made me excited about going. Wilmington is a beautiful town. When my husband I arrived at the riverwalk location where the riverboat was docked, I was still very excited because it looked just like an old fashioned riverboat. There were few people on the boat with us this day. We had taken a trolley through town just before and they were timed perfectly so that you could do both. I am the type of person who gets excited about doing new things and seeing new things. I always try to remain positive and look at the bright side of things. I was so looking forward to hearing more about the history of Wilmington on this riverboat and wondering what we were going to see. Truthfully, it was not worth the $30.00 we paid. The best thing about it was being able to sit and relax while taking a trip down the river. It would have been just as relaxing to have a cup of coffee while sitting on the dock. We saw nothing but dirty water (which the tour guide said was due to some acid coming off of the trees) and a long, long, long port with machines and men working. There was nothing fun or exciting about it at all. We passed under an elevated bridge and I think that was the highlight of the trip. The woman next to me fell asleep. I would recommend this trip only if you like to sit and relax and enjoy a boat ride but not for sightseeing. There is nothing to see that is worth the ride. Save your money and do something else.

5  Thank happy2review
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I took a cruise on Henrietta III this past week with my husband and friends (including a child) and it was very pleasant. It was a 1.5 hr narrated tour giving you the historical facts and anecdotes about Wilmington. The cruise is slow and relaxing. I liked most passing by the Wilmington port where a huge cargo ship was being unloaded. That was impressive.
Henrietta III departs from Water Street. I recommend sitting on the top deck in front.
It's more windy and cooler there. Also take a camera and a bottle of water.
Tickets $15 per adult.
No discount for veterans.

1  Thank SunnyInes
See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My wife & I took the Fourth of July cruise aboard the Henrietta III. We sailed from Downtown Wilmington to just past the NC Port before returning to the dock to await the fireworks show.
The cruise was great- just a slow, relaxing trip down the river. The service was fantastic and the southern style buffet was good.
Once back at the dock, we remained on deck for a fantastic fireworks show at the battleship. Being aboard the Henrietta III gave us the best view in all of Wilmington.
All in all, an evening on the Henrietta III is a great time and I would recommend it for anyone visiting Wilmington.

1  Thank Fabfourfan