“Fun cruise on the river”
Review of Henrietta III

Henrietta III
Ranked #32 of 113 things to do in Wilmington
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruise the Cape Fear River in style on this elegant riverboat that offers narrated sightseeing tours, lunch and dinner cruises and romantic moonlight trips.
Boise
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun cruise on the river”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I took this cruise with my husband and two teenage Grandkids. It is a good way to see the Cape Fear River and learn some history as well. The boat was clean, crew was very nice, they sold snacks and drinks. It was a fun relaxing time for all of us. I think I will take the dinner cruise next time I am in town.

Visited July 2012

Southport, NC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lunch cruise on Mother's day”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ran out of food. Fun cruise on the Cape Fear River. Well maintained boat. Skip the meal take a non food cruise.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank George C
Montana
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Decent Evening Cruise!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I took this cruise in September. There was a nice crowd on board. When you get on board you are escorted to your table where your salad will be waiting. A server will come by and take your drink order. After you set said the buffet will open. Food was pretty decent for such an event. There was plenty of food. You cruise about 6 miles up and back the Cape Fear River. The sunset the night I was onboard was lovely. Cost was 50.00 a person, pretty fair for what you get. I won't say this is an awesome thing, it's a good way to see the waterways around the town of Wilmington.

Visited September 2012
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Will not ever book this again”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We bought a Hotel and Riverboat package to visit Wilmington, N.C.
We scheduled our 3 day visit around the Battleship North Carolina and the Henritta III Riverboat cruise.
When we arrived to board, we find that the cruise was cancelled and we would have to rebook.
How can you rebook if your vacation schedule has no extra days? We were forced to take another "cruise" on a small water taxi style boat. This seems to me to be a "bait and switch".
The hotel was not informed of the cancellation which will hurt their business also.
If I were the hotel, I would not sell any of this package again.
My wife had been looking forward to this for weeks.
She was very disappointed. It will not happen again.

Visited September 2012
9 Thank rmstitely
Cape Fear R, Owner at Henrietta III, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
To rmstitely,
Your review concerning a recent cruise was forwarded to me by our staff. I read it and will admit if I had been in your shoes I would have felt as you. I only wish we could have met face to face on that day and maybe we could have parted at the very least with a good understanding if not friends. The vouchers issued were as you stated for the Henrietta III, a 500 passenger vessel that does do the 2:30pm sightseeing cruise which is what you were expecting to cruise on. WE did not deliver what you had purchased but did not do that as an intentional "bait and switch" as it appeared to you.
As you probably noticed in your visit, there were not many visitors in the Historic District on the day you arrived for your cruise. We had only seven (7) passengers for that particular cruise you wanted. When we have such low numbers we offer one of our smaller boats instead. The fact that you came with a voucher slipped through the proverbial crack that always seems to aggravate the customer and embarrass the well meaning management. The fact that you received the same tour on the Captain JN Maffitt (the oldest running tour boat in Wilmington NC) is in-material. Your expectations were for the Henrietta III and we were not able to deliver that to you for that particular cruise and we handled it poorly. WE should be thrashed with a used voucher. WE hope that you will also lay all the blame on us as the Hotel selling you the voucher did not realize that this problem could arise. WE have taken steps to keep this from happening in this manner again.
I am addressing this with you through the same process I received your review; however I am trying to get contact information so that I may contact you personally. I thank you for your time writing a review; again I only wish I could have discussed this with you personally.

Captain Carl Marshburn, President
Cape Fear Riverboats, Inc.
Leland, North Carolina
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Sunset cruise”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I considered this a tourist ripoff. The boat itself is ok and a cruise (for so far as it goes) is alright but they charge far too much for what they give.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Joeb1943
Cape Fear R, Owner at Henrietta III, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I am writing this response to joeb1943 concerning the review he wrote on the Henrietta III's Sunset Cruise. "I consider this a tourist rip-off" writes joeb. We are very sorry that Joe felt that way and only wish he had given us an opportunity to correct whatever the problem was.
We consider complaints, such as joeb's, extremely frustrating and unfair in the fact he gives no information as to the problem or any indication why he would feel this way. What we do know is that he had to be there on a Wednesday or Thursday, the only two days we do the Sunset Cruise. We also know he paid $31.75, tax and tip included, for the buffet meal (we know he didn't leave hungry), dessert, beverages are included, and it is served in an air conditioned dining room. Certainly not over-priced or the tourist rip-off that joeb suggests.
We have been in business in Historic Downtown Wilmington for 25 years and have made mistakes, as well as disappointed customers for one reason or another. When our short comings are pointed out to us by our customers as they should be, we have taken it personal and did all we could to satisfy the complaint.
If joeb did not wish to offer his complaint to the wait staff or dining room manager, he had his opportunity when he disembarked. Standing on the gangway was a uniformed person thanking our customers for being there and asking them to come back. While doing this, we are looking at faces and listening to conversations making sure that they had a enjoyable evening. By the way joeb, that uniformed person could have been me.

Captain Carl Marshburn, Owner
Cape Fear Riverboats, Inc.