“Entertaining”

Battleship NORTH CAROLINA
Ranked #1 of 114 things to do in Wilmington
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: As you walk the decks of the NORTH CAROLINA, imagine yourself in the South Pacific during WWII searching the sky for enemy aircraft, anticipating what may happen next. Step aboard the most decorated US Battleship of WWII! Explore nine decks, crew's quarters, gun turrets, and much more. Discover where history comes alive. Located at the junctions of highways 17, 76, 74, 421 on the Cape Fear River across from historic downtown Wilmington. Open every day!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Like the fact that it is a self guided tour even though it poured the day we were there it was very educating to my son

There are newer reviews for Battleship NORTH CAROLINA

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Amazing tour! What a great way for young and old to experience part of WWII! If I am ever back in the area I will be back to visit it. Well worth the $12 entrance fee.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My family and I visited the USS North Carolina in January of this year during our fantastic USA holiday. We had earlier been to Pearl Harbour and toured the USS Missouri. As much as I love the Iowa Class battleships, I could have spent a whole week at the USS North Carolina. The ability to go throughout the ship including the magazines, turrets and engine room provided an inside to life on board a Battleship that I found lacking somewhat on the USS Missouri tour. We also got to speak to couple of retired servicemen who were doing the restoration work. They kindly gave us an impromptu tour of the bridge. Fantastic. We do not have such historical monuments in Australia. I hope I can again visit the USS Carolina again

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My first opportunity to be on a WWII battleship. What an experience. It demonstrates what a tremendous sacrifice those young men (many not yet 21) made to protect our freedom. The narrow passageways, steep ladders and less than luxurious sleeping and eating accomodations, to say nothing of the heat and noise they must have had to endure, must have been true hell on water for them.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Battle ship-It is one of the very exciting place for me as I always wanted to see how the soldiers live their life over sea for months.This ship was used in World War 2.It has 9 levels.You will surely be amazed by looking at the artillery kept on the ship.I got amazed when I saw Postal office,Barber shops,Party halls,Operation theater,Pathology labs apart from basic necessities like sleeping beds,Doctor's clinic.By seeing this ship more respect comes for the soldiers from my heart as staying on the ship far away from families is very tough.Hats off to these soldiers.A must go place in Wilmington.We went with a kid and it is little difficult to handle a kid of 2 yrs old over the ship. NO strollers are allowed.

1  Thank L0ve_t0_wander