“Great View, Small Room”

Best Western Plus Coastline Inn
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Pros: Great view of the river from your room. Great beds.

Cons: Very small room, felt cramped. Toilet had issues with flushing, you have to hold the handle.

I would stay again overall.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 19, 2010

All in all, I'd give it a B- for certain guests. I think it's great for young couples, without kids or worries. But if you have kids, certain working hours, or certain criteria, this hotel may not be the best place for you. It's budget friendly, especially with a AAA discount. If you'd like a pretty nice view of the river, need only enough space for two, and appreciate the area attractions, this hotel is right on the money. It's within walking distance to bars and restaurants, but delivery is very limited. Also traditional fare is about a 15 minute drive from the hotel, so bring it with you or dine out. There's no guest laundry facility on site, but there's one 2 blocks away. Parking gets a little dicey at times, but it was safe and free! Wi-fi was great, except during a very bad storm.

I was a little down about my stay. It wasn't my first stay at this hotel, but it will be the last. (Sigh) In the past I felt like it was a hidden gem, but this time I was kind of happy to leave. I am only comparing my stay here with one from the previous year. Maybe it was just my particular room, I don't know...There are some great things about it, like location, the view from certain rooms, breakfast delivered, nice shower, great tv, great bed, and the staff tries pretty hard. It's pretty quiet unless you're near the employee work area or the gate to the boardwalk. Try to avoid those rooms. (Some employees smoke right in front of the doors, so in order to go through the office you have to walk through plumes of smoke and conversation. I don't smoke, but more importantly it's not the place for smoke breaks.)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2010

After getting lost trying to get into Wilmington (we are English after all) we finally found the Visitor Center. They were so helpful and found us this lovelly hotel. Its so conenient to everything. You can walk everywhere. We were on our last two night in the USA and loved this hotel. The room overlooed the river and was very large. The beds very comfortable. We liked the breakfast being delivered to your room each morning. We were given a list which we had to tick. I ticked everything I wanted and my husband ticked everything he wanted. When it arrived we had two of everything! We had a great two nights here and would definately come again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adnil48
Reviewed January 20, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here. For the price, especially, the view can't be beat. We awoke at 1am to see a ship gliding past our window. It was so close we could wave to the workers on board. It was magnificent all lit up.
The hotel was clean and decorated very nicely. We liked the breakfast being brought to your room (just check a time a little before you actually want it as it was usually about 15-20 min late).
We like that the rooms are smoke-free, but didn't like that we had to walk past the smokers out on the walkways where the ashtrays were set up to get to our room.
Other than that, the location is great. We walked everywhere. We would come back again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank northernite
Reviewed November 20, 2009

We stayed in this motel for 5 nights while exploring the lower Cape Fear River area. We chose the motel because of its location right on the river and because they accept pets. We travel with a small dog. We splurged and rented one of their suites, which suited us well. The room was large and clean. The bathroom was also large. The towels were of good quality. The bed was comfortable and the linens were also of good quality. Because they don't have a space for serving continental breakfasts, you order items the night before and they are delivered to your door in morning. Because of the dog, this woked well for us. Normally we have to eat seperately, so one of us can remain with the dog. The only thing we didn't like was the parking. The motel is located between two old railroad warehouses, one of which is the Wilmington Railroad Museum and the other is convention space. One evening there was a banquet and we had to really search to find a parking spot. But even then, we'll stay there again when in Wilmington next time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KyDuck
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I've stayed at the Coastline Inn several times over the last few years, and the experience has never been less than excellent. The front desk is very friendly and accommodating, no matter what time of day it is. Check in and check out have always been quick and done with a great attitude!

The rooms are great! They're a little small, but the decor is updated and nicer than what I'd expect from a typical Best Western. Each room also has a great riverside view. Sure, the view isn't a nice as the Hilton's, but it's pretty great - especially for the price! There's also a small walkway on the second or third floor to get a better view of the river.

The location is very convenient Nothing in downtown Wilmington is a far walk from the hotel. Chandler's Wharf is several blocks away, but it's a very pleasant walk.

Guests can order breakfast to be delivered in the morning. It's nothing special, just typical continental breakfast fare - fruit, bagels, prepackaged muffins, hard-boiled eggs, as well as coffee and juice. I typically pass on the food, but it's still convenient to have the option of food being delivered in the morning.

I will continue to stay at the Best Western any time I'm back in Wilmington.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank laura526
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Great View...Great Staff...not like any Best Western I have ever been to!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends