“Great relaxing stay”

Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Wilmington NC, United States
“Great relaxing stay”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great relaxing view of water front in Wilmington North Carolina Even better rest than home Near downtown and food choices are un real. Staff treats you like part of the local community I travel often and into many states and this is by far the best hotel around

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jackiebrinson, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my family of 4. We were on the second floor in a room that was clean and updated and had a great view of the boardwalk and river. The staff at check-in was very helpful with a couple of toiletry items we'd forgotten, a map of the area, and restaurant suggestions for dinner with kids. The hotel is right on the boardwalk and an easy walk to see the historic district, lots of restaurants, and a music festival. Continental breakfast room was small but had what we needed, even fresh fruit. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
jackiebrinson, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments on the hotel and the staff. We are so glad you selected to stay downtown and to stay with us. We are tucked away in the Historic District and so convenient to shopping and dining. We look forward to your next stay....
Greenville, NC
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. It was nice, clean and we were on second floor so looked out on "gangway" which meant we kept our sheer drawn so people could not see into out room. We had a King so I would request a higher floor. We only booked this hotel because the one we goto normally was full and other hotels close to it were also booked. I was very disappointed in the speed of the internet. I felt like I was back in the "dial-up days". With this being in the convention area it seems like people would want an internet that "worked". I gave up on it when it took forever to move from one screen to another. To fill a screen, waiting for over 2 minutes in this day and age is unacceptable. Probably will not stay again based on price of hotel as we have stayed in cheaper hotels with same amenities and been happier.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jackiebrinson, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I'm very sorry that you had a problem with the Wi-Fi during your recent stay. We have been working with our local vendor to improve the bandwidth and hopefully we will be doing an upgrade soon. Also, we do have a support number when having issues and I'm sorry that the staff did not make that recommendation when you were having problems. We will definitely be looking into the issue. Thanks for making us aware of the problem and we look forward to your next stay
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Clean, comfortable, and right on the river in the beautiful historic downtown. Stayed here twice for weekend getaways with my wife in the last 2 years and have been very happy both times. Will stay here every time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice comments and its always nice to get feedback from return guest. Our location is great for walking around downtown and enjoying the Historic District and the riverwalk. We look forward to your next stay
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was quite pleased with this as it was a Best Western. Friendly staff, clean updated room and free parking/wifi.

Only downsize was my room was on the first floor, so my view was mainly of the boardwalk. Staff was helpful at try to move my room, but they were full. So, if you book, call and see if you can get an upper floor room.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for the great comment and I'm sorry we were unable to put you on a higher floor. We look forward to your next stay
trvln4fun
Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you want to stay on the water and walk the boardwalk, this was a nice hotel. The room could of used a little updating but on the most part it wasn't bad. I don't think it was worth the extra money for the water view because the window is high and you have to be standing to see the view. However I did like that we were able to walk out of the hotel and go right on the boardwalk along the river. I also like the fact that there were some benches near to sit and and enjoy the view. It is also very close to the Historic district. I was a little disappointed that our room did not have a small refrigerator. I really enjoyed the breakfast because they had tables outside and it was nice to eat breakfast on a beautiful day with a light breeze and a small view of the water rather than being in a stuffy room. The internet connection was very good. All in all, I would not give this hotel a 'very good' but a little higher mark than just average.

Room Tip: We got a queen bed with a river view. I wish we would have gotten a king and forgotten about gettin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are working on installing fridges in all rooms by the end of the year. We hope to see you again soon
Oriental, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Twice I've made reservations for extended business stays in suites at this hotel (both times with the same person) only to find upon my arrival that my room has shrunk to a regular queen with no kitchenette! :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'm very sorry that you have had a problem with your reservations. Per my previous response, Please contact me directly when making your reservations. I have spoken with the person in question about the issue and hopefully it is resolved.