“Nice rooms, great location”

Best Western Plus Coastline Inn
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Nice rooms, great location”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Clean, comfortable, and right on the river in the beautiful historic downtown. Stayed here twice for weekend getaways with my wife in the last 2 years and have been very happy both times. Will stay here every time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
jackiebrinson, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments and its always nice to get feedback from return guest. Our location is great for walking around downtown and enjoying the Historic District and the riverwalk. We look forward to your next stay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was quite pleased with this as it was a Best Western. Friendly staff, clean updated room and free parking/wifi.

Only downsize was my room was on the first floor, so my view was mainly of the boardwalk. Staff was helpful at try to move my room, but they were full. So, if you book, call and see if you can get an upper floor room.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for the great comment and I'm sorry we were unable to put you on a higher floor. We look forward to your next stay
trvln4fun
Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you want to stay on the water and walk the boardwalk, this was a nice hotel. The room could of used a little updating but on the most part it wasn't bad. I don't think it was worth the extra money for the water view because the window is high and you have to be standing to see the view. However I did like that we were able to walk out of the hotel and go right on the boardwalk along the river. I also like the fact that there were some benches near to sit and and enjoy the view. It is also very close to the Historic district. I was a little disappointed that our room did not have a small refrigerator. I really enjoyed the breakfast because they had tables outside and it was nice to eat breakfast on a beautiful day with a light breeze and a small view of the water rather than being in a stuffy room. The internet connection was very good. All in all, I would not give this hotel a 'very good' but a little higher mark than just average.

Room Tip: We got a queen bed with a river view. I wish we would have gotten a king and forgotten about gettin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are working on installing fridges in all rooms by the end of the year. We hope to see you again soon
Oriental, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Twice I've made reservations for extended business stays in suites at this hotel (both times with the same person) only to find upon my arrival that my room has shrunk to a regular queen with no kitchenette! :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'm very sorry that you have had a problem with your reservations. Per my previous response, Please contact me directly when making your reservations. I have spoken with the person in question about the issue and hopefully it is resolved.
Point Harbor, North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I recenty stayed 2 nights at this hotel while visiting family in Wilmington. It was an excellent hotel and a great location to downtown. My room was very comfortable and had many aminities. The staff was wonderful and so helpful. Josh assited me in checking in and was so helpful in answering my questions about the area. Roz on the day shift was so plesant and both employess seem to really enjoy their job. It was refreshing to see happy people willing to assist as needed. The view of the river and battle ship from my window was awesome. The grounds were beautifully landscaped. I will always stay at this hotel when visiting Wilmington.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
jackiebrinson, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments on the hotel and especially the staff. My staff have all been here for several years and they take great pride in customer service and they do love their jobs. Being downtown and tucked away on the river gives our guest a big surprise when checking in. Our hotel has a personality all its own and combined with the history and being downtown its more of a gem. We look forward to your next stay and thanks again for staying with us!
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

No info needed beyond the fact that the only way this would be a value is at half the cost. Room was not ready even 2 hours after scheduled checking time. Air did not work well, fitness center had brokened and out of order equipment, breakfast ran out of food before 9am. Locating staff for issues like the fact the key cards they sent us to our room with did not work. Great location, horrible hotel, 2nd day my wife was ready to leave and check in somewhere else, had we been able to find another hotel in the same area on short notice we would have.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Mark G
I'm so sorry you had a problem upon checking in. I had already spoken to my Front Office Manager when you originally left your survey and she did say that they had a few problems that day with late check outs, etc but she said that most guest were in their rooms within 20-30 minutes. It may have seemed a lot longer considering our lobby is small and there were lots of people trying to check in at 3. I'm also sorry about the fitness room. The one piece of equipment that is out of order has had the part on back order for quite sometime and I am in constant contact with the manufacturer on a weekly basis. Overall, we have a very nice property and unfortunately there are days when nothing seems to go right and I would say the day you checked in is one of those days. We try to check guest in as rooms become available, we do not wait until 3 and I'm sorry you didn't get in faster. I hope you will come back and visit with us again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Everyone at the Best Western is very pleasant. We had a room with a view of the Cape River View. Beds were comfortable. Location is fantastic as it is walking distance from the Wilmington historic district which has plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops. I will definitely recommend returning to Wilmington, NC and also staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Mary M
jackiebrinson, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thanks for the great comments about the hotel and the staff. I have a great staff and they work hard to accommodate all guest request and make sure they have everything they need when staying with us. We look forward to your next stay. Have a great week