“Loved this hotel!”

Best Western Plus Coastline Inn
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Thank You Coastline Inn for a wonderful stay! My husband and I were just there for a long weekend and we loved your hotel! It is so beautiful the way it is set up with the outdoors around you! Love the gated look and the riverfront walk. The staff/service was excellent and the rooms were beautiful! I read reviews about people complaining that the rooms were small, and they are, compared to other rooms. But with the river walk and Historic Wilmington around you, how much time is spent in your room? And it really was the perfect size for my husband and myself! Just perfect! I was so glad we booked with your hotel and none of the other area hotels we had on the list! We’ll be back on our next trip to Wilmington!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I am so happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that my staff made your stay even better. Being downtown and on the riverfront makes for such a great weekend get away. I will be sharing your comments with my staff and we look so forward to your next stay

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for 2 nights each. Was quoted a price of $98 a night with AARP discount. Upon review of the bill from home, I called the hotel and could not get any satisfaction. I told the girl that I was quoted $98 a night and she told me no one would quote that price. Could not get any satisfaction. E-mailed Best Western and am waiting for a response.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

I am very sorry that you feel your rate was misquoted during your recent stay and per my response yesterday, I set the rates for the hotel a year in advance and the rates for the weekends beginning in April thru October are $189 per night. Our weekday rates fluctuate daily depending on the occupancy for any given day and the Thursday night rate was $98.10 but the rate for Friday night was $170.10 and the person that took the reservation was our Guest Service Manager who has been with us for over 3 years. Again I am truly sorry and we hope you will come back and visit us again.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Wilmington was just a stopover for us and we arrived in the dark on a very rainy day so probably not great first impressions as we went up in the lift to the floor of our room - in what looked a little like a UK low rise block of flats from the 70s, with every room door opening to the open air corridor. However, room was decent sized, very clean and the hotel in a good downtown location. No complaints but not sure I'd stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

I'm sorry that the weather was not cooperative during your short visit to Wilmington. Our hotel is very quaint and our location is the place to be. We look forward to your next stay and we do appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Coastline Inn is a nice place with great view of the river and convenient to walking downtown and along the riverfront. I have stayed here for years, and was in town for a convention at the Wilmington Convention Center next door. It is great for that since you can just walk over without having to pay for parking, and you can slip back over to your room easily to take a break.

They have made improvements since I started staying here, most notably a remodel and freshening of the rooms, and they now offer a hot breakfast that was included. The bed was very comfortable, and I got two good night's sleep. The shower is a bit different with only a half-glass enclosure, the other half just open, and the shower has a rainfall head coming straight down from the ceiling.

I will definitely stay at the Coastline again when I am back in town.

Room Tip: The suites on the far left side of the building are the best, and have the nicest view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Its always a pleasure to have return guest come back and notice the great changes we have been making. We are so glad you came back and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here many, many times years ago on business. Had a reason to stay in WIlmington on personal trip, decided to see what it was like. I loved it in 1990's and, if anything, it is better. Rooms have been completely refurbished, still has wonderful riverfront views, get the corner suite for more space and more windows to watch the boats and the sunsets. Breakfast from 6:30 to 10 AM, waffles and the usual continental choices. Located on city's riverwalk, pets allowed in certain rooms for extra charge. You can easily walk to downtown galleries, bars and restaurants. Across the river from the USS North Carolina. My suite had full sitting room with separate flat screen TV, second phone and more city views.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Its always nice to read comments from a past guest. We have done many improvements in the past few years and we still have a few things left to do. We certainly are glad you came back to visit us and we look forward to your next stay

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel is in a pleasing location - right on the river and the USS North Carolina quite an impressive sight. We stayed just a night more than a year ago so this review may not now be an accurate representation of what you can expect today.
Anyway, our experience - for what it's worth - was a bit mixed. On arrival the lobby staff were surprisingly disinterested in us. Not surly but a bit blase.
We were shown to our room which was spacious and had a lovely king-size bed. To our surprise, though, there was no fridge which was an absolute necessity as we had foodstuffs and drinks. It was the only hotel on our 6-week road trip down the East Coast, through the Mid West and Montana and Wyoming without a fridge!
After inquiring about this, the front counter were good enough to say they could provide one from another room. We told them we would be ducking off for an hour and would return late afternoon at which point the woman said they would bring the fridge around.
After checking the nearby markets, we returned to find our front door partly open and the fridge inside. Fortunately everything was still there but we were more than a bit aggrieved. Rather than make a fuss, we simply let the matter slide. Everything was of a good standard - although the breakfasts were menial. They were offered in a cramped room and had little variety. Just a small quibble.
We enjoyed our brief stay in Wilmington and, if not for a tight schedule, would have stayed longer. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

We greatly appreciate your nice comments and I am sorry that upon putting the fridge in your room that that the door hadn't been closed properly. I have already spoken to the maintenance staff regarding this. We look forward to your next stay

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here recently on a road trip to visit relatives in Atlanta. I wanted to tour Wilmington since I passed through about three years ago and this hotel was the best choice downtown. It overlooks the river and I could see the battleship North Carolina. The River Walk goes right by the hotel and is a good way to leg it to downtown. The room was average-sized and in very good condition. The bathroom was a good size and only had a shower - but what a nice shower stall. The breakfast was satisfactory and got me through the day until afternoon. The staff are all very pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again when I go back to Wilmington.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you so much for the great comments and I am so glad you chose to visit our hotel on your way to Atlanta. We look forward to your next stay.