“Excellent hotel with excellent values for money”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel with excellent values for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Can't believe how little they charged for this hotel compared to others I've stayed in, to start the staff were so welcoming, asking me about my travels and what brought me to Wilmington, they're so proud of their town. My room was excellent, modern and clean - I can imagine that the exterior corridors would be cold in winter, but in September they were fine, that lovely warm weather. The view from my room was worth the room. Fee alone, beautiful view of the pier and the river.
The stroll along the river walk to downtown Wilmington was lovely. Breakfast was basic, but a great choice of hot and cold food and drink. Cannot recommend this hotel more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We greatly appreciate your nice comments and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the great weather and the ambience of the Historic district of downtown Wilmington. We look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Princeton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We sometimes travel with the dog and as you can imagine, it limits our choice of lodging. Then too, I belong to a number of hotel chain clubs and like to take advantage of a bargain. The rate for the Best Western Plus looked good so I booked a night. Not really ure what was plus about it, though. Tiny rooms, scratchy linens, do-it-yourself parking and luggage service and the free breakfast was just like something you'd pick up in the cases of a gas station store. Reminded me of a Motel Eight but not quite as nice. I'd recommend you spend a little more if you're spending time in Wilmington.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. If when you checked in you found that the room was too small you could have called the front desk and I'm sure they could have moved you into one of our suites. My staff works very hard to accommodate all of our guest and to make their stay and enjoyable one. I will share your comments with my staff and we will work on making improvements.
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed St. Pat's weekend 2013. There was an outdoor expo going on and no parking places. We arrived early and needed a place to leave our car. One of the ladies at the counter was going for lunch and she gave us her parking place. The other one was very helpful in giving us maps and information about the area. We were in walking distance of anything we wanted to do. The only time we moved the car in two days was to watch my daughter run in a race near Wrightsville Beach. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Wilmington and that you selected our hotel. You could not ask for better weather this past weekend and its always exciting to have new guest stay with us. We are tucked away downtown and many people have no idea we are downtown. Please come back and visit us again should you make your way back to Wilmington
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I rolled in very late on Saturday Mar 9 on my motorcycle. Was there on business but did not look very good after a long chilly ride.
The Young Man at the desk was very sharp! He checked me in very quickly, and cheerfully.
He then went outside, and moved HIS OWN motorcycle so I could have best best parking spot in the lot. I did not ask for that.....he just did it!!!!
The room was great, and all the staff seemed great. Room fronted the river, and it is so close to everything like convention center, and Front Street .....I will be there again soon with my Wife.
This Hotel understands how it should be done!!!! Good job!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for selecting our hotel. Best Western is working with Harley Davidson to attract more motor cycle riders to our properties. We are a little off the beaten path but once folks find us we are a diamond in the ruff. The desk clerk that assisted you has been with us for several years and he always goes out of his way to accommodate. We look forward to your next stay
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Every room has a beautiful view of the river. The staff were friendly, helpful, and personable. The Clean, comfortable room was pleasant. Definitely would return another time. Thats really all I have to say but trip advisor is making me get to 200 characters.

• Stayed March 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The Cape Fear River is so nice to see especially on a nice sunny day. We look forward to your next stay.
Raleigh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Room was very clean. It was on the small side, but fine for two people, with two beds.
Service was friendly and helpful. Could not check in early, but they gave us a parking pass so we could park and wander around.
Great location, great views from the rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jackiehodge, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coastline Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind comments and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked this due to its location at the last minute and found it to be surprisingly nice. I would certainly recommend it to others. Our room had a charming view of the USS North Carolina battleship, which is permanently stationed in the river (you can even tour it). The room was spacious, clean and the WIFI in the room worked great.

I work remotely and the front desk clerk graciously allowed me to use the printer when another guest was using the lobby computer. I didn't even have to ask. She saw me waiting and made the offer. There were many instances when the staff went above the call of duty to make our stay enjoyable, including letting us check in early and providing an extra key when our party got separated for the day.

The breakfast is just a run of the mill continental breakfast, nothing to write home about, but we were happy to have a bagel in the morning. The breakfast room is small and got a little crowded, but it serves its need. The trash needed to be changed out more frequently though. You had to stack and balance your disposables on top of the rest.

We were a family of three, with a teenage son, and felt comfortable walking down the riverfront at night from the hotel. This hotel is in a great location to enjoy the restaurants and shopping on Market Street.

I look forward to booking this hotel again.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms face the river, but check to make sure. The view is the best feature!