“Coastline Inn is the BEST place to stay in Wilmington!”

Best Western Plus Coastline Inn
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed here in 2008 and was really impressed with the accommodation and staff...3 years later and it was just as good, if not better than I remembered.
I stayed on my own last time, but this time I had my brother with me. We both enjoyed the room we had which was very modern and considering I am a BW loyalty member and I was at the start of a 3 month trip, they have one of the best quality rooms I have come across thus far. I was very impressed by the quality of the room, the bathroom was very nice, and the free car parking since I had a hire car was awesome! The room rates were also great value too!

The hotel is central to Historic Wilmington, and with a car everything is so accessible whether it is in Southport or Wrightsville Beach. You could stay at the Hilton next door, but why pay so much for a few more feet closer to the main street? This is a place I always stay at in Wilmington, not because i am a BW member, but because it is a hotel I love, it is on the water with great views from every room, and the staff are nice and always willing to help.

You can't go wrong staying here, I came back after 3 years and will be back next year and the year after when I return to the US for further trips. I love Wilmington, so I always love coming back and staying here! You will love it here, it was yet another awesome stay! Thanks again!!!

Room Tip: All rooms face the water, you cant go wrong no matter what room you are given!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

We are so happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We have done a lot of renovations to the hotel and are working on making more improvements. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Great hotel right on the Cape Fear River. Although the hotel was not heavily booked I received a very good rate ($89) with short notice. The free breakfast was the standard, but the staff was very friendly & the food was fresh. Rooms are newly refurbished and clean. Great view of the river and of the Battleship USS North Carolina. I would stay here anytime.

Room Tip: Go for one that has a view of the river.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you got such a GREAT rate! We work very hard in making all guest experiences a great one. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We spent one night here -- a quiet Sunday night. Room was very clean and comfortable with nice view of the river and a short walk to restaurants/shops at River Walk. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They did make sure to tell us the property was all smoke free -- nice for us non-smokers but didn't expect the maid to be smoking on the walkway between the rooms and elevator. Nice breakfast with eggs, waffles, etc. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MHS69

Thank you for the nice comments regarding the staff and the hotel. I will share your comments with the staff. If you should ever visit Wilmington again, please contact us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Only dog friendly hotel I could find in Wilmington with dates I was in town. Room was very nice. Very clean and new. Showers ans bed were awesome after traveling all day. Location is awesome. Right on the water and within 10 minute walk to everything downtown. Room was 120 a night including 20 dollar pet fee.

• Stayed: October 2011

I greatly appreciate your nice comments regarding the hotel. We have been pet friendly for just over a year and we have gotten great response from guest travelling with pets. Please be sure to contact us again if you should visit Wilmington again.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Desk staff was very accommodating and friendly.Roz worked with me to find last minute rooms. Great view from the room. Rooms were very nice for being pet friendly. Would definately return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Roz is a definite asset and always goes above and beyond to help guest. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I’m living in the area for now but enjoy a nice staycation. This weekend was the beer festival so I decided to stay downtown and was glad I did. As I was driving up the front desk called me a cab so I could be on my way to the festivities. As I was checking in they informed me they were very sorry but they gave my room away…….so we are putting you in the Suite. The hotel was nice, the staff was friendly, I WILL stay there again. As for location it takes about 4 min and your right downtown. On, a side note they have a large building next to it (maybe the convention center or part of the old rail station) that was putting on a wedding, looked like a great spot and a great time.

Room Tip: If you can get a free upgrade to the suite, try it the shower is amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you for your nice comments regarding the staff. I am so glad you were able to be upgraded to one of our lovely suites. They offer panoramic views of the Cape Fear River. Please come back and see us soon!!

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Great hotel, great location, great staff. We took a few days away for our 24th wedding anniversary so we wanted a romantic getaway. The hotel has a beautiful setting; riverside with a boardwalk and a 2 story pier. Much better than it appeared in the pictures on the internet. It was a wonderful place to enjoy a sunset. The rooms are small and cozy but the use of the space is very good. The only thing that disappointed me was that thier was no pool but that was my fault; I should have checked. Also, this is the first room I have checked into in years that did not have a refridgerator. Again I shoud have checked, but did not think I needed too.

Regardless, great stay. The location was perfect and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaryWM

We appreciate your nice comments and I will share with my staff. We hope you choose our property again if you find yourself in Wilmington.