“Stay here for my wedding night and first anniversary....”

Best Western Plus Coastline Inn
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed July 28, 2011

A lot of people have weddings in June in downtown Wilmington. Of course, my first choice was the Hilton because my rehearsal dinner was at Ruth Chris's (in the hilton) until I saw a standard room. The Hilton is nice, but nothing special for the price because you're paying for the river. The Best Western rooms are less expensive, on the river, and nicer. We stayed both times in the tower suite that has a180' view of the river and three floors (loft-style). There are at least two wet bars and three flat screens (one in the bathroom). Although the AC has trouble making it to the top floor, overall the suite is amazing for the price. It's extremely romantic and used to come with breakfast in bed (now they have a continental breakfast). If you cannot get the tower suite, I saw many other rooms and they were really nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank uncwmel10
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Thank you for staying with us for your First Anniversary. The Tower Suite is an amazing room and it certainly gives you feel of both the city and the river views. Come back and see us again!!1

Reviewed July 10, 2011

with all rooms looking over the river the hotel has a great location at the end of the riverwalk. Clean comfortable with welcoming staff a good base to look around Wilmington

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

We appreciate your business and I will be sharing your kind comments with my staff. We are a diamond in the ruff and many people say when they stay with us they never knew we were here. If you should ever come back to Wilmington please remember the BW Plus Coastline

Reviewed July 10, 2011

The staff was so helpful and friendly. The view and atmosphere were wonderful. Room decor was so tasteful . I wanted to take the furniture home ( ha ha ).Great location. So nice to be able to walk to many eating establishments, bars, shops and touring sites. The riverwalk is so nice. We plan to go back sometime !!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed at this property for the 2nd time in as many years. I was attending the NC Advocates for Justice annual convention in June 2011. Just like in 2010 my room had an insect problem. This year--2011---I got 3 large mosquito bites on my biceps and I found the same ant problem throughout my room.

When I checked in I was given the key to a room that was already in use. Fortunately the guest was not getting out of the shower or otherwise in a state of undress or compromise when I made my way into the room. I understand this was a mistake and the desk clerk apologized and fixed it.

The "deluxe continental breakfast" is meager, at best. There is no microwave in the kitchen area---can't figure this out. The microwave available for guest use is in the employee break area which is in a hot room behind the front desk. Breakfast has milk and the usual carb-loaded features--fruit, yogurt, bagels, and muffins. I think eggs are available but no meats are provided.

This property has the relative benefit of being just 2 doors down from the Hilton Riverside where the NCAJ Convention was held. Other than that you may want to explore a few other options if you are seeking lodging in downtown Wilmington. This property is not absolutely terrible but will need some improvement. Honestly, I will have to think twice or three times before returning.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TrueTripInfo
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Staff was helpful and welcoming; room was nice - better than most Best Westerns - and clean. Breakfast room was well stocked and staffed; courtyard nicely landscaped.

Great location - easy walk to shops and restaurants; would stay here again.

The one negative for this room was that there was an odor that seemed to be coming from the sewer pipes when the commode was flushed; this was never adequately addressed when brought to the attention of staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I booked this using the Best Western site and got a good deal by committing in advance.
The room was a good size and had a great view. The location was good at the end of the boardwalk.
There were some negatives:
The room didn't have a refrigerator and we definitely needed to keep drinks cool in the recent heatwave. So a nearby kitchen shop had an unexpected sale of a plastic bowl and the hotels ice maker had to work overtime.
Also the breakfast room was too small and wasn't an ideal place to relax and start the day.
Having had the previous four nights at a comparable rate hotel I felt that the breakfast wasn't as good value- there wasn't the same range. It was the same breakfast options everyday.
On the positive side the staff at breakfast and the room cleaners were very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I found a great deal on this hotel in April and so I jumped on it. The location is great as it's right on the river, near the community college, and walking distance to everything in the Historic Downtown area of Wilmington. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the view was awesome, and the breakfast was great. I am coming back in October to take my mom on vacation and we will be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends