“Best value around”

Staybridge Suites Wilmington East
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We generally stay in IHG properties such as the Staybridge. We have found that consistency in value and comfort are generally to be found in their various hotels. This Staybridge is no exception. The staff is very efficient, courteous and caring and the facility is in excellent condition with a good location. Andrew, at the front desk, and Sharon, at the buffet, were wonderful. Coupled with the room price, breakfast and happy hour, the Staybridge Wilmington East is a great value. We enjoyed our stay immensely.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JOHN R
GMStayWilmington, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington East, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thanks so much for being a Staybridge loyal guest. We loved having you as our guests. Sharon and Andrew appreciate your comments, and they have been shared with both and also our staff. Again, thank you. We hope to see you again soon....

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Clean and comfortable property with beautiful kitchenette, AWESOME high def TV in cosy living room, excellent beds - enhanced by a full hot, complimentary breakfast including eggs, waffles, oatmeal with the usual cold options and a wine and beer happy hour in the evening. I will definitely be staying in a Staybridge Suites property again!

Room Tip: Be sure to request non-smoking room if that's important to you, and I got the best price from th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for staying with us here at the Staybridge Suites Wilmington. We are so glad that our rooms and meals exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again soon on your return trip to Wilmington.....

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Top notch rooms and customer service! I travel to Wilmington a few times a year for business, and usually in & out like a whirlwind. Hampton was full when I booked and I'm glad it was. This is a new hotel and one of the nicest I've stayed in in Wilmington. This time I brought my wife and kids to enjoy Riverfest. We arrived late and exhausted, but the tone of the vacation was changed by a cheerful "Good evening! Welcome to our hotel. What brings you to Wilmington?" by the front desk staff. 5 minutes later, I felt like we had our own personal tour guide and concierge. She asked what we liked to do, printed directions to a few attractions, restaurants, and the even the itinerary for Riverfest.

Next morning we had a feast of a breakfast in the lobby. Lobby is huge with ample seating (compared to the cramped lobbies of most)Food was very fresh, and staff were everywhere keeping trays stocked and cleaning off tables.

They have a fairly large indoor pool that the kids loved. My wife used the fitness center and complemented on all the new equipment (sorry, no personal review on that one).

Rooms were large, very modern, clean, and quiet considering the hotel was full. Bed is amazingly comfortable. Kitchen has a full size fridge, dishwasher and even granite counters

Perfect location as leach is 10 minutes away, so is downtown. 1st day of two so far, but morning staff just as cheerful as the evening staff.

These guys have definitely earned my business! I highly recommend and have found my new place to stay in Wilmington!!

• Stayed: October 2012
GMStayWilmington, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington East, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

I am so glad that you have found a new place to stay in Wilmington. We loved having you as our guests. Thanks for all the wonderful comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

After navigating the horrendous Wilmington traffic, I arrived, early, for check-in. My original room was not ready, but many thanks to desk clerk, Andrew, for securing me a room so that I could get dresssed for a wedding I was attending. The suite was just beautiful - clean, modern, comfortable. I absolutely loved it! If I'm ever in Wilmington again, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Great Job Andrew! I am so glad Andrew was able to handle your request. It's great to see our employees exceeding guest's expectations. We hope to see you again soon here in beautiful Wilmington NC.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was an easy decision to choose this hotel for a second time when I went to Wilmington. I am already planning my next stay. It is the BEST hotel and place to stay in Wilmington with the family or for business. The hotel is new, the staff is super friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are so comfortable. The beds are really, really comfortable. I love the well apointed kitchen with a full size stainless steel fridge and dishwasher, granite counter tops, etc. The bathrooms shower is great! The hotel is conveniently located between downtown and the beaches. I have recommended this hotel here and to all my family, friends, and co-workers! You also get a great hot breakfast to stat the day! You can't beat the value and comfort when you are away from home!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy P

Hi Amy! Thanks for all the great comments! We loved having you as our guest. We hope to see you again here in Wilmington.....

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband, son and I stayed at the Staybridge when we were in town for Thanksgiving. The staff is friendly, the hotel is new, clean and has all the conveniences of home! The location is very central to shopping, and the beach, and is very easy to access. We loved the kitchen in the room and it gave us the convenience of fixing food in the room if we wanted to. The breakfast buffet had a huge variety of fruits, and breakfast foods, and We loved the coffee bar. We will always stay in this hotel when visiting the area. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2011

We loved having you during the Thanksgiving holidays last year. We hope to see you again this year! Your positive comments are greatly appreciated by all our staff! Again, thank you!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great experience. Will return!! Great hot breakfast buffet!!! Comfy beds. New everything! Great location. Easy access to everywhere in Wilmington. Friendly staff. Indoor pool. Big suites with new flat screen tvs.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank No1stonesfan

Thanks for staying with us and being a part of the Staybridge family of hotels. We love the positive comments. We hope to see you again on your return visit to Wilmington.