“CLEAN AND FRIENDLY”

WoodSpring Suites Wilmington
Ranked #35 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Best rates -clean rooms-good location. I will be staying here again! The staff was helpful and friendly. in the laundry room they have modern appliances. The parking area is well lighted. There are over 20 restaurants within minutes of motel,

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandra D
Sean A, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2015

Value Place strives to provide guests with an environment they can enjoy, feel comfortable and safe, and want to return too. We are glad to hear we did that for you. We wish you well in your future travels and hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Best weekly rental in town. This hotels price doesnt go up just because its hot outside. Im here for work not play and these hotels up the price just because the weather is nice. Having a kitchen is wonderful while away for work. I need to bring money home not spend it on restaurant meals. Also, the staff here is exceptional. Curteous, friendly and very attentive. Manager is on top of things,cleaning staff are friendly and maintenance guy knows his stuff front and backwards and does things right. Im a contractor and know the right ways and cheap fixes, he does it right. They really got a good thing going here and I wil be back every time I work in Wilmington, NC. .

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank dantheman204

We love hearing back from customers that truly enjoyed their stay with Value Place. We strive to provide an environment where our guests can feel comfortable and relaxed. Thank you for providing us with positive insights and we wish you well in your future travels. The Value Place team cannot wait for your return.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Cleaner and safer than the average extended stay hotels. Wilmington isn't the safest city but I felt very safe in this hotel. The people were friendly and the rooms were above average. Having a stove and regular size fridge saved me a ton of money. The doors stay locked 24/7 and they have a laundry room on site. Convenient location, too. Will stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Marcus S
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and especially happy that you felt safe with us. We hope that you will consider Value Place again and recommend us to your family and friends. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My last stay at this place was very disappointing. I called a week or two ahead of time to make reservations. When I got there, there was no record of my reservation, so I did not get the non-smoking, first floor room that I requested. Instead, we got a smoking room that had huge cigarette burns in the carpet.

The room was not clean. There was urine on the bathroom toilet and floor, and food on the carpet. We had to scrub the floor ourselves because it was sticky and disgusting. The next morning we went to tell the staff member about it, and she gave us an attitude and refused to give us new linens or a vacuum. She said she wasn't sure if they'd have time to clean it either.

There seems to be a group of drug dealers living here as well. They ride the elevator up and down all night.

Our room was infested with fleas. Also, be prepared not to get much sleep. People blast their tvs, and it comes right through the walls.

The only pros are the cheap cost and the kitchen.

I've stayed here in the past, and I didn't have any problems, so this place must have just gone very downhill over the past year or so. The staff that is there now doesn't seem to care about anything

Room Tip: Avoid third floor if you can help it... there may be drug dealers living there.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

we paid a higher price when compared to other hotels around and all We had was rude staff, dirty beds and water bugs! We were choosing this hotel over previous one because it is much closer to beach but We regret..

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I'd categorize this as what I like to call a "clean dump" of a motel. Roll-down steel cover for the lobby, which closes like a prison guard's station promptly at night. Unless you're a deadbeat, you'll find that the staff there are really decent people and will treat you with respect and be helpful like they were with me.

Overall, the place was okay, considering there was no other options in that side of Wilmington - the next closest place that looked decent was about 400% more, with no weekly rates. This is how the Value Place does their business - it's filled mostly with either tradesmen, or even migrant workers AND their families.

I felt fairly safe there, as there was really nothing to worry about. It just gave me the creeps like it would anyone who's not coming directly from a campsite or trailer park... BUT, the doors are solid, they keycards work great, all in all I'd have to say this is a pretty safe place. I was there for two weeks, including the July 4th weekend. A lot of the guests were there for beach activities at nearby Carolina Beach where I'd just sold my home at, was waiting for settlement and to clear out of the ILM area for good. Everyone seemed friendly and very well behaved, even the folks who had their little tailgate get-togethers in the parking lot at the end of the day. Very well lit parking areas at night too.

An important note: I was first pretty amazed at the soundproofing there, but that proved to only be true for the adjacent walls. There was some sort of real odd individual above me, who was obviously walking barefoot (I wouldn't recommend walking barefoot in ANY hotel unless it was a 5-star Hilton), and happened to only walk on his heels, day in, day out, and all hours of the night... from experience in my own tiny room it was maybe 2 paces to the foot of the bed, 4 to the kitchenette or door to the hallway. This guy stomped, non-damned-stop, like he was on meth, too much coffee, or both. It was no different than having 2 thumps followed by 4, constantly, like a damned SUBWOOFER. If you like that, then that's your kind of place! BTW, there was some idiot somewhere in the 4 floors that did have a subwoofer; he/she used it for a couple hours in the evening, which was somewhat tolerable. The top two floors are smoking rooms only, IF you could handle the room I'd highly recommend you staying on the top floor where no one's above you. The idiot/meth-head-type above me, was like Chinese water torture... he was there for 10 days I knew of, but thankfully it was my time to finally leave the wonderful Value Place. Thump thump THUMP THUMP THUMP... for $200-bucks a week, I know from experience, that's hard to beat. It's pretty sick out there on the road, where there are other 'clean dumps' that've seen far better days, and the proprietors have the sheer gall to charge well over $100-bucks PER NIGHT, for a similar lackluster room. Sad, especially with the economic times we're in.

GO EAT AT SHREINERS DINER A MILE WEST ON THE LEFT - I'VE EATEN THERE A HUNDRED TIMES IF ONCE, AND NEVER EVER HAD ANYTHING BUT A GREAT MEAL, WHILE BEING TREATED WONDERFULLY BY THE ENTIRE STAFF.

IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE IN THE ILM AREA DURING OFF SEASON, I'D HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU GOING TO EITHER CAROLINA OR KURE BEACH ON PLEASURE ISLAND, 8 MILES SOUTH. (I LIVED THERE FOR A DECADE, SO I KNOW) YOU'LL PAY THE SAME OR LESS, HAVE PLENTY OF CHOICES OF WHERE TO STAY, IF YOU'RE THERE FROM SAY, OCTOBER THROUGH MAY. :-)

Room Tip: Best Bang for the Buck, unless you're in the area from Oct - May... (read review)
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank Inspector-Cluseau
Reviewed June 10, 2011

It's clean the staff are very helpful. I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank terrybettinson61
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Value Place! We try very hard to make every guest's stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We wish you the best in your future travels and hope that you will chose Value Place again if you are ever in need of a place to stay.