“New and the best Mexican in town now!”

Si! Senor Modern Mex
Reserve with OpenTable
Si! Senor Modern Mex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 744 Restaurants in Wilmington
Description: Familiar mexican flavor with modern flare. We cant wait to show you how we take your favorite authentic mexican concepts and recipes, spin them with a modern twist, without losing any flavor.
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

We love Mexican food so we stumbled in to this new place. And we discovered a whole new world of different Mexican flare. We love the sushi appetizers, watermelon tuna and tuna taquitos. Sometimes that's my entire meal. The short ribs are melt in your mouth. Rice in Paradise is that perfect comfort food for lunch or dinner (I dare you to eat it all in one sitting). This is our go-to spot now for casual delicious and fresh food.

Management response:Responded June 22, 2017

Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear you that you have found several favorites on our menu. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

Great food and great service. I really enjoyed the Lechon tacos. My husband enjoyed the Lechon mole. The rice and beans were the best I've had at a Mexican restaurant. The atmosphere was very nice. They also had nice outdoor seating. We
Will definitely come here again!

Management response:Responded June 21, 2017

April,

We really appreciate your positive review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Lechon tacos and Lechon mole. We love forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely stunning how good this place is. I was just looking at places in Wilmington on Yelp for Mexican food and it's nothing but tacos and burritos. Of course, this place has both of those, but they offer their menu items with a modern flair and unsaid healthier twist. Lots of the Mexican places I have frequented over the years have done nothing but make me feel bloated and heavy afterward. This, however, made me feel anything but. The food had a very fresh flavor, light and flavorful fresh ingredients. Much of the menu items you will find, you can find at other Mexican restaurants in Wilmington, however, you will find they have modernized take on them.

I absolutely loved everything that I tried; from appetizer to dessert. From the beginning with chips and salsa (mind you here is a unique twist, they give you three dips, a traditional tomato salsa, a salsa verde (green salsa) and a creamy zippy dip that just taste awesome with chips) to the molten lava cake, it was all awesome.

Atmosphere was spectacular, great vibe to it, and great service. Prices were not bad at all, a little bit on the higher side of what you would expect at a traditional sit down Mexican, but it's made up for with flavor and freshness.

This place is absolutely worth the try, I hate that I waited so long to try - don't make the same mistake!

Management response:Responded June 6, 2017

We really appreciate your positive feedback and enthusiasm! We pride ourselves on providing excellent quality food with our unique modern style. We want to continue to innovate and change the way you view Mexican food. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 10, 2017

Definitely not what I expected. I honestly thought this was your typical fast food mexican joint from the outside. I didn't realize I was stepping into a nice restaurant with a bar! We sat outside for lunch and it couldn't have been more perfect. You can't go wrong with this selection, excellent food and staff.

Management response:Responded June 6, 2017

Thank you for your review. We were excited to hear about your pleasant surprise and that we were able to go above your expectations. We look forward for the opportunity to continue to provide you will excellent food and customer service.

Reviewed April 30, 2017

Si Senor calls itself 'modern mex' and it lives up to the name. The restaurant is smart and stylish, with a number of familiar Mexican elements in color and design. It is a little nicer than casual, but not at all formal. Service is cheery and pretty ept (especially considering how new the place is). The food is interesting, fresh and original. Some of the things that we had are extraordinarily good (such as the Tuna Apple Taquitos), but nothing disappointed. Two trips have only whetted our appetite to come back and work our way through the menu.

The only downside is that although they highlight their margaritas- made with no mixes and a dazzling array of fancy ingredients (first one I have seen with tamarind!)- the pour seems to be very light. Not much flavor and no impact.

Luckily, the food is the main draw for us, and we will be back for that!

Management response:Responded June 6, 2017

Thank you for you helpful feedback. We are happy to hear you will be back for the Tuna Apple Taquitos! We hope to change your view on the margarita with your next visit. Looking forward to seeing you again.