“Charming inn with a staff who exceeded our expectation”
Review of Front Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Front Street Inn
Ranked #8 of 17 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Cape Carteret, NC
“Charming inn with a staff who exceeded our expectation”
Reviewed December 15, 2009

We eloped to Wilmington earlier this month, and chose Front Street Inn because of it's excellent location. This inn is very quaint and so charming. Brick walls, arched windows, plantation shutters, and the tallest ceilings I ever saw, graced the Kipling room where we stayed. The room had a separate kitchenette with coffee maker and fridge. We appreciated the eclectic decor and unique furnishings, which were pulled together tastefully. The owners and staff were so kind and helpful. Not only did they allow us to use the inn's back porch (actually a small sun room) for our simple informal wedding, they moved their Christmas poinsettias to the room as decoration! We found the breakfast both mornings was very good, with fresh muffins, sweet breads and fresh fruit (melons, strawberries, etc.) on both days, and on Saturday morning a quiche and Sunday morning a baked casserole. The experience was so enjoyable, we plan to return next December for our first anniversary!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarshHen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 20, 2009

This hotel has an amazing location, free parking, and beautiful interiors. The Segovia room was particularly tasteful and not too 'bed and breakfast'. I missed the complimentary breakfast but the person at the desk was quick to prepare a tray of goodies to bring back to my room. The only thing that prevented a perfect score was that for a hotel of its price range, I would have expected a complimentary glass of wine or two.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank talpas
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 11, 2009

My girlfriend and I spent two nights at the Front Street Inn, and had a great time. We were definitely the youngest guests during our stay, but everyone was very friendly and welcoming. We stayed in the Pearl Buck room on the ground floor, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is such a short walk from all of the action in the historic part of Wilmington. There are so many great restaurants and fun bars in the area. The great thing is that you can't hear the nightlife sounds from the hotel. This is definitely a relaxing atmosphere and not a place to stay if you have a loud or rowdy group. I found the place to be ideal for a weekend getaway. The owners were extremely nice, and provide a great breakfast each morning.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JH1976JH
North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I must admit, I am quite shocked to read some of the negative reviews people have posted. I am an inn keeper for a B&B in the mountains of NC and know what to expect for a nice stay. My date and I traveled to Wilmington over Halloween for my brother's wedding and absolutely loved staying at the Front Street Inn. I think that the rates are a little steep but it was well worth the money! The owners were a total pleasure and very nice to talk to. We stayed in the Kipling Suite and thought it was really pretty. Our room was on the main street and even though we stayed in on Halloween, we were never disturbed by the ruckus on the streets. The Inn is right downtown and you can walk to almost everything you need. We were surrounded by restaurants, bars, and shopping, a plenty. Breakfast was great and it definitely fills you up. Overall, out trip was amazing and we will definitely be back to stay at the Front Street Inn.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelfreak878
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed July 28, 2009

On our recent 4 day trip to Wilmington, NC my husband & I stayed at THE most wonderful B & B we have ever stayed at. Run by Richard & Polly & their son Chris, the beautifully decorated inn is conveniently close to the Cape Fear Riverwalk & gorgeous old home neighborhoods & shopping providing days of endless walking & exploration. Polly's healthy & delicious breakfasts (her fig bread & quiche are exceptional) provided enough fuel to kickstart the day even in the hottest July temperatures. Our room, the Bistro was quiet, cool, beautiful & so comfortable and gave us a home base we felt eager to return to & relax. Beaches, shops, restaurants and sights are all very close to FSI and I would highly recommend it to anyone. The only thing missing is a pool! We hope some day to return to this wonderful city; Wilmington, NC and if we do we will definately stay at Front Street Inn.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ginka123
Maryland
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I could not disagree more with the negative reviews. My husband and I have stayed there five times since January 2006 and we absolutely love it. The owners and staff have always more than accomodating and friendly. We've enjoyed three of their suites-- The Hemingway, The Cabana, and The Taverna. We love their breakfast with sweet breads, muffins, freshly made breakfast casseroles, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, cofee, tea and juices. We both enjoyed in-house massages for our honeymoon stay which were incredible. The atmosphere is laid back and very relaxing. The room's amenities are perfect. It is in a fabulous location for walking downtown Wilmington and enjoying the local restaurants and nightlife. We would both highly recommend this B&B to anyone. We're both in our early 20's and have enjoyed every stay we've had.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed April 9, 2009

My husband and I are frequent visitors to Wilmington and the Front Street Inn. Our most recent trip was during the first week of April when we traveled to ILM for the annual Azalea Festival. We stayed from Wed to Sun. The weather was a bit off for a day or two, but the weekend turned out to be beautiful!! As usual, we had a great time at the Front Street. The inn is as clean as ever and Richard & Polly treated us well. We parked on Wed and didn't move our car until we left on Sun. We always stay at the Front Street Inn and have never had a bad experience. In July we're spending a week on the Outter Banks but we've booked two nights in ILM for the holiday (Front Street Inn is a perfect location for watching the fireworks). When you're in Wilmington, be sure to have at least one meal at Circa 1922 (tapas, etc), dessert at Kilwins ice cream, and a bottle of wine to end the evening from the Wilmington Wine Shoppe down near the river...it doesn't get much better than that.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple