“Successful Stay at Blue Heaven for the Fifth Time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Blue Heaven Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Pemberville, Ohio
“Successful Stay at Blue Heaven for the Fifth Time”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Blue Heaven Bed and Breakfast has become a home away from home for our family. During the New Year 2014 season, my family and I stayed here again for the fifth time! When staying at the Blue Heaven, we experience superb service each morning when the owner offers a great breakfast (built into the price). He is very hospitable and has good ideas of what to do in historic Wilmington. Upon our return to the B&B at the end of the day, we have found our room to be in clean condition with new sheets and towels. The location of the B&B is within walking distance from historic downtown Wilmington. Whether you want to see the USS North Carolina, go on a horse-drawn historic tour of the city, take a walking tour through a historic mansion, or simply relax at the water front, Blue Heaven Bed and Breakfast is a great place to stay!

The Blue Heaven is child and pet friendly, which was good because this was the first trip with our 10 month old son.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brad Y

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Walldorf, Germany
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

This B&B occupies an old two-storey home in the old town. It is beautifully kept, with only four rooms but two porches. Our room was large, light and airy. It had a good large bed and a nice bathroom. Jay, the owner, is a very helpful an knowledgeble guy.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was my third stay at Blue Heaven Bed and Breakfast. Each time has been a wonderful stay. The owner Jay, is a great host. House is very clean and the breakfast has always been very good. This past stay my sister and I were in the Newport room. (blue room) Feel right at home during each stay. I feel like I have an extended family at Blue Heaven. Very easy to walk to Front street. Will continue to stay during my stays in Wilmington :)

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Blue Heaven in Mid-March. The Inn is very clean and welcoming. My room was so comfortable and cozy I didn't want to leave! I stayed in the Blue Room, a big room with large windows & comfortable bed.There was a private bathroom across the hall for my use only with bathrobes supplied & it was not a problem at all. Jay was super nice and very helpful with area information. He makes a terrific breakfast every morning too. You can walk to all the restaurants and shops in the historic district. So just park your car out front of the B & B and go! I would recommend the Blue Heaven to anyone wanting to stay in Wilmington.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 6th wedding anniversary. The owner is friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. The location is perfect for walking around the historic downtown. The room was clean, and the breakfast was good. We were only able to stay for a night because our children are still quite young, but we would have loved to stay here longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here in October and it was just what we were looking for. Beautiful house, clean and bright room, very tasty home cooked breakfast and Jay was welcoming and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B and B to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynne S
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Blue Heaven at the end of October and I have to say it was one of our most memorable trips to Wilmington. We were able to do everything that we wanted to do in town and it was all within walking distance. This was our first trip to a Bed and Breakfast and will not be our last after this visit. Jay was a great host and provided a clean, comfortable and inviting atmosphere. He also had a lot of great recommendations on things to do in town. We really had a great trip and hope to return soon! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple