“I would love to go back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Blue Heaven Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend at the time (now fiance) and I went there for my birthday a few years ago and ever since have been looking for an excuse to get away and go back! The rooms were incredible! They were clean, quiet and well decorated! There was a room down the hall to watch movies and hang out. Jay was a wonderful host and runs this B&B so well! Breakfast was amazing and the location is great! It was a perfect birthday!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank 1happygurl

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We arrived in Wilmington kinda late in the day and lucky for us we called the Blue Heaven BB. We called and Jay said he had a room. Upon arrival it was easy to find and also a very short walk to Front street on the river. Room was very clean and comfortable. Jay was an excellent host and made our stay very enjoyable. We can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Our weekend in Wilmington was absolutely wonderful, made even more so by staying at Blue Heaven. Wonderful breakfasts, convenient location, charming decor, and excellent conversations around the breakfast table all came together to make a great experience. Jay is a delightful host who shows careful attention to the smallest need. Delightful time.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The pictures of the place don't do it any justice. This Inn is well maintained inside and out. The Sanibel room might have the most comfortable king bed in which I've ever slept. Jay is a very friendly and social owner that truly cares about your stay. Breakfasts are thoughtful, not just bacon and eggs. The house has a few different rooms to relax away from the bedroom. Cable TV. Spacious rooms with high ceilings. Coffee in the morning. Two relaxing outdoor porches.
A 10 minute walk to downtown. For the value, I'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Some say that three is a charm, and my third stay at Blue Heaven Bed & Breakfast certainly validates that sentiment. My wife and I stayed at Blue Heaven for the third time in the last two years. When we planned our vacation to Wilmington, NC, we immediately knew that Blue Heaven was where we wanted to stay. The inn keeper, Jay Gartrell, maintains the rooms in an excellent, clean condition. We personally stayed in a room called ‘Key West’. Each morning at 9:00 am, breakfast is served, which consists of three courses. First, all guests begin their breakfast with a bowl of fruit; the second is followed by the main course. A sweet snack follows the main course to finish up the breakfast. Coffee is available throughout the breakfast. Each day is a different breakfast meal. What a great start to the day! During this particular stay, I enjoyed reading in the downstairs parlor inside Blue Heaven. Guests are free to come and go as they please, so whether you are inside Blue Heaven or enjoying the Wilmington waterfront, then I’m sure you will have a great stay at Blue Heaven Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Went to Blue Heaven B&B with my 9 year old son and stayed in Sanibel Central. The room has two (very comfortable) twin beds, which was perfect for us. Most B&Bs I looked at don't welcome children, but Jay was very much a kid person and really seemed to enjoy having my child there. He went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and had plenty to do while we were there. The location is great, with a very pleasant walk to the waterfront. Breakfast was delicious! The house is gorgeous, yet comfortable, and the only negative thing I have to say is that we had to pay an extra $20 because we were staying only one night. I look forward to going back again for a getaway with my husband.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Having only just stumbled across this page, I feel I must add my own glowing, but delayed tribute to this fine establishment's hospitality.
In 2009, my wife and I drove a 15,000-mile lap of the States and dropped into Wilmington on the final leg of our journey before returning to the UK.
We were spellbound by this town, so much so that we still dream of returning there to live, work and raise a family - which is quite a compliment when you consider that we visited many wonderful places across 35 states of the US.
That magical feeling was only enhanced further by charismatic inn keeper Jay, whose warm welcome and great sense of humour was the icing on the cake of a memorable stay in such a quaint, immaculate and comfortable bed and breakfast.
The communal living area, fridge and beers was another big bonus. There was even a copy of Dirty Dancing in the free video selection - so my wife could pay an emotional tribute to Patrick Swayze in our room, who had sadly passed during our visit!
We only planned on staying for two days, but ended up extending that to five, before leaving with very heavy hearts... and bellies, as Jay is one hell of a breakfast maker - always different, never boring.
Please let me know when you are ready to sell up, Jay! But can we keep you on the staff?
Bernie Friend