“Not the best”

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Miami, Florida
“Not the best”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

So-so but staying for work so it's ok. Front desk was super friendly and helpful. Maid staff was very friendly. Rooms are out dated and the tv seems to only get non HD channels. Location requires car for decent restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Carrma75, Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review. I appreciate the kind comments regarding our front desk and housekeepers! I apologize that you felt your stay was only so-so, we strive to leave you feeling much more then that when you stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel with further feedback or suggestions on how we may make your stay better in the future. We hope you will stay with us again and give us an opportunity to exceed your expectations next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My experience at this hotel was very nice. The rooms were nice and large...and clean! The aroma when we first arrived was lovely. Breakfast was OK nothing to special but the older lady with white hair was a total sweetheart. They served breakfast up until 11am for the late birds like me.

The location is perfect for vacation. This hotel is literally in the middle of everything...restaurants, the movies, and even a Target right across the street that we visited for snacks.

Overall great stay, very relaxing and comfortable for me and my boyfriend's first vacation together. Definitely will recommend and will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Had room 321 which is right by the elevator soo definitely would ask for another room if you get thi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Taniquae, Thank you so much for rating us and taking the time to write a review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and your first trip with your boyfriend. We hope you both will be back the next time you visit Wilmington!
Wilmington, De, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Clean rooms, great staff. Close to everything. Near UNCW, and plenty of nice places to eat in the area. Picked this hotel from Tripadvisor reviews. I was not disappointed. My place to stay in Wilmington, NC

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Joseph S
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Joseph, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review us! I am thrilled that you chose to stay with us based on our TripAdvisor reviews and decided to make us your place while in Wilmington. We can't wait to have you back the next time your travels bring you to the area! Take Care!
nc
Reviewed April 27, 2014

we normally stay at the Hilton honors hotels i.e. Hampton,, but all of their hotels were booked in the Wilmington/Wrightsville beach area so I got on trip advisor in searched for an alternative stay,and boy did I find one with country inn and suites in Wilmington, not only was it cheaper but just as nice as the area Hampton. we had the Jacuzzi king for a really reasonable rate {AARP] The room was super clean and large , the whole facility was clean and smoke free , the staff was great, and the breakfast was one of the best we've had at any of the other chains, and to top it all off while we were in the Jacuzzi we could see the AMERICAN flag flying right outside our window on the forth floor in room 410.

Room Tip: room 410 Jacuzzi king with a view of the American flag
2 Thank bohart
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I am just so thrilled to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us!! I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you so you can experience the service and accommodations we have to offer. I hope that you were able to take advantage of signing up for our loyalty program (Club Carlson) which will allow you to earn points faster then any other hotel loyalty program! I hope you will come back to stay with us the next time your adventures bring you to Wilmington!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I am originally from the area, but the hotel is new to me. We read all of the reviews on the hotel before booking, and were impressed. The whirlpool suite really made our mini vacation special-We were able to enjoy each others company in our room, which was very comfortable and private. The hotel itself is very quaint, but it definitely was worth the money plus it is less than 15 minutes from the beach. I could go on, but I think it's important for everyone to know that this hotel is now our official place to lodge whenever we're in Wilmington. Kudos :)

Room Tip: If travelling as a couple, book the whirlpool suite....you won't regret it ;)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing us! I am thrilled you enjoyed your romantic getaway in one of our whirlpool suites (good choice!). I am so happy to hear we are your new official lodge when staying in Wilmington, we can't wait to have you back!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was drawn to this hotel based on the reviews and now I'm submitting my own. The hotel was very nice, i loved the floor plan and the space for the money spent. It was clean and the amenities were very accomdating. Kudoes to Brigett Comeaux, the Office Mgr. She was pleasant from my initial call to make reservations to my check-out. Very professional, and very warm and friendly. Simply put, she put SERVICE in "Customer SERVICE" and represents the hotel well. Thanks Brigett!!! Without a doubt, Country Inn & Suites will be my Hotel of Choice when visiting in the area.

1 Thank LadyJ1212
Lady J - Thank you for such a wonderful review and for your kind words towards Brigett! She will be thrilled you mentioned her by name! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the customer service, value, and amenities to be pleasantly surprising. We hope you will be back to stay with us again!
new york
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very comfy and the staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating. The drawbacks were that it was not near anything touristy if that is your thing and there was a screaming child literally screaming for a good hour in the middle of the night and the people above us stomped a lot walking back and forth, though it was quiet other than that.

Stayed April 2014
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Mrs. Davis, I appreciate you taking the time to visit us on TripAdvisor and leave a review! I am so happy to see you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for you business and we hope to see you soon!