“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
ohio
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We came into Wilmington,NC and stayed here for three nights.We stayed June 14,15,16.I honestly have nothing negative to say about this hotel!The rooms were clean and housekeeping came in every day.The customer service at the front desk were very friendly and the appearance of hotel was very nice.I felt safe and it was very quiet which we really liked!I had my 12 yr son with me and I didn't have to worry about unsavory people hanging around.The breakfast in the morning was good and lots of different choices too.We really enjoyed our stay and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Mrs. Grimes, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I greatly appreciate your kind words and I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your time with us. We hope the next time your travels bring you back to the area we will see you again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Paramus, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The room was very clean, staff very nice, food good. Would stay again for sure. I wish they had an outdoor pool but only indoor at this time. Would also like the food to be offered until 10am. The Carlton point system is a good deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
KtdKing - Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review for us. I am happy that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. I hope you return when your travels bring you back to the area!
Reviewed May 29, 2013

All staff were polite friendly and professional. Hotel was very clean and the price for the suite was great value. We needed a check in for 2 am and away from elevator. They were totally booked as memorial weekend but they were ready for us on arrival with the requested room. Breakfast was good but employee dot remarkably kept up with the high demand with a smile and friendliness!!! The indoor pool water was cold and whirlpool was warm instead of hot. Suite was very clean and spacious.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I also appreciate your kind words towards Ms. Dot, I will be sure to share them with her! We hope to have you back the next time your travels bring you to Wilmington!
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed over Memorial Day weekend and found the Country Inn & Suites to be clean, comfortable and VERY hospitable. Every person in the employ of the hotel with whom I spoke was kind, friendly and helpful. And the freshly made cookies at the front desk were a welcome touch!! I would definately stay here again and would highly recommend it to others seeking a room in Wilmington.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Ruth - Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor, we greatly appreciate the feedback and your kind words towards our team and our property. I hope if your travels bring you back to the Wilmington, we see you again! Kindest Regards
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We keep returning because of the people: Miss Bridget at the front desk, Miss Gina the sales manager, Miss Dot in the breakfast area, and John, and everyone I've ever met.
This property personifies hospitality.
It's immaculately clean and my husband says Miss Dot's scrambled eggs are the best he's ever had. (I'm going to try out her secret.)
I had a couple of special requests this week and Miss Bridget and Miss Gina went out of their way to help me relax, and still meet a deadline.
If there was a #10 ranking, this property would get it.
(I hope I didn't forget anyone! Housekeeping personnel all smile-it's so friendly. There is a ray of sunshine on every face.)

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the house. The laundry room on the 4th floor is spacious and even has...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Linda, I can't thank you enough for your kind words towards our team members, I will be sure to share your comments with everyone. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Kindest Regards - Gina Guarino
Encinitas, Ca
Reviewed May 24, 2013

They got you with the cookies!! What q great way to greet you. This hotel is nicely located and nicely appointed. The staff is very friendly and eager to please. The rooms are very nice, clean and well appointed. They actually have windows that open so you can enjoy some fresh air. The breakfast is excellent. Everything about this place is easy to enjoy. Great value!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Mike - Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us! I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay (and the cookies!). We greatly appreciate your kind words and the feedback. I hope the next time your travels bring you back to the area, you come back and see us!
Concord,nc
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is off the main road so traffic noise is not heard. There will be some construction in front of the hotel but that should only be during 8-5. Customer service in checking in was excellent (Sandy) with every effort to accomodate by requests (which was done).

The room was nice, clean with a comfortable bed and nice shower. The only drawback I could comment on is the pillows. However,If you like a flat pillow, this would have been perfect for you.

I would positively stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank traveler28027
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us and recognize our employee Sandi! I will be sure to share your kind words with her. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your room and stay while you were here. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Wilmington we see you again!