“Outstanding staff service and room!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed May 29, 2013

All staff were polite friendly and professional. Hotel was very clean and the price for the suite was great value. We needed a check in for 2 am and away from elevator. They were totally booked as memorial weekend but they were ready for us on arrival with the requested room. Breakfast was good but employee dot remarkably kept up with the high demand with a smile and friendliness!!! The indoor pool water was cold and whirlpool was warm instead of hot. Suite was very clean and spacious.

• Stayed: May 2013
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I also appreciate your kind words towards Ms. Dot, I will be sure to share them with her! We hope to have you back the next time your travels bring you to Wilmington!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed over Memorial Day weekend and found the Country Inn & Suites to be clean, comfortable and VERY hospitable. Every person in the employ of the hotel with whom I spoke was kind, friendly and helpful. And the freshly made cookies at the front desk were a welcome touch!! I would definately stay here again and would highly recommend it to others seeking a room in Wilmington.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Ruth - Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor, we greatly appreciate the feedback and your kind words towards our team and our property. I hope if your travels bring you back to the Wilmington, we see you again! Kindest Regards

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We keep returning because of the people: Miss Bridget at the front desk, Miss Gina the sales manager, Miss Dot in the breakfast area, and John, and everyone I've ever met.
This property personifies hospitality.
It's immaculately clean and my husband says Miss Dot's scrambled eggs are the best he's ever had. (I'm going to try out her secret.)
I had a couple of special requests this week and Miss Bridget and Miss Gina went out of their way to help me relax, and still meet a deadline.
If there was a #10 ranking, this property would get it.
(I hope I didn't forget anyone! Housekeeping personnel all smile-it's so friendly. There is a ray of sunshine on every face.)

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the house. The laundry room on the 4th floor is spacious and even has...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Linda, I can't thank you enough for your kind words towards our team members, I will be sure to share your comments with everyone. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Kindest Regards - Gina Guarino

Reviewed May 24, 2013

They got you with the cookies!! What q great way to greet you. This hotel is nicely located and nicely appointed. The staff is very friendly and eager to please. The rooms are very nice, clean and well appointed. They actually have windows that open so you can enjoy some fresh air. The breakfast is excellent. Everything about this place is easy to enjoy. Great value!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Mike - Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us! I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay (and the cookies!). We greatly appreciate your kind words and the feedback. I hope the next time your travels bring you back to the area, you come back and see us!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is off the main road so traffic noise is not heard. There will be some construction in front of the hotel but that should only be during 8-5. Customer service in checking in was excellent (Sandy) with every effort to accomodate by requests (which was done).

The room was nice, clean with a comfortable bed and nice shower. The only drawback I could comment on is the pillows. However,If you like a flat pillow, this would have been perfect for you.

I would positively stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank traveler28027
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate us and recognize our employee Sandi! I will be sure to share your kind words with her. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your room and stay while you were here. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Wilmington we see you again!

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Accommodation were excellent. Staff was kind and helpful even with our large group of middleschool kids. Great breakfast selections, beds were very comfortable, and the room and the entire grounds were clean. Would stay here if in the area again.
Great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our comfy beds and yummy breakfast. It was our pleasure to take care of you and the students while you were here and hope to see you if your travels bring you back to Wilmington!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I am staying here on business for an extended period ... The first room i got was abit small for me for an extended stay (great size for a couple nights though ) . The management and staff did all they could and got me into a larger room after a couple days . Very good location , safe and secure feeling here too .

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us! We greatly appreciate your kind words and we are happy to be able to accommodate your needs while you are here! We are greatful for your business and hope you come back in the future if your travels bring you to the area!