“The Best Staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I traveled to Wilmington, NC and stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. They have the BEST STAFF. Bridgett Como and Todd Rodgers should be trainers for all new staff for the company. We had fast check-in, great service, & clean rooms. They really care about your needs. I will definitely stay here again. Great job and keep up the good work. Can't wait to visit again. Requita P.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you so much for you kind words towards our team. Your needs are truly important to us and we are thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you in the future if your travels bring you back to Wilmington, NC!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I travel to Wilmington, NC every month. When I cannot book a room here I am disappointed. These guys are great. I care very little for the other hotels in the area. The staff really takes care of me like family. It is located out of the traffic area of Market Street. I feel safe and secure here.
I love the the King or Queen rooms. The morning breakfast is hot and good. I can't wait to stay there next month. This hotel is AAA Excellent!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Gina G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your excellent review! We appreciate you taking the time to rate us. I am thrilled to see how much you enjoy staying with us! I will be sure to share your kind words with our employees. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for choosing to stay at the Country Inn & Suites, we hope to see you the next time you are back in Wilmington!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Greeted warmly upon arrival, check-in was fast. I was given a room on the 2nd floor away from the stairs & elevator. Room was super clean & in excellent shape. Wifi was fast and easy to access. Hotel was in a location very convenient to my needs while in Wilmington. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Amy - Thank you for your kind words! We truly appreciate you taking the time to rate us and we are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of the entire staff I thank you for your business. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was very clean,attractive lobby and rooms were spacious and well appointed.The breakfast in the lobby area was great...lots of selections ranging from homemade waffles,eggs,sausage,grits,etc to lighter fare such as fruit,assorted yogurts and cereals.Great value for families.Beautiful pool and jacuzzi area after a long day of traveling!
The downside is the location..difficult to find even with a current GPS system! Also we arrived late and very hungry from our travels and were unable to get anything to eat ( which might explain why we were so impressed with their breakfast selections!) . The front desk person was not very helpful nor welcoming and seemed more concerned with returning to his cell phone conversation.However,the staff in the breakfast area were terrific! Friendly and very efficient making sure the breakfast items were constantly refilled.
Overall,the accommodations were great and the place was spotless! I would return to this chain again .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Gina G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review! We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and were also able to take advantage of our fresh hot breakfast and indoor pool! I have to admit that I am puzzled by your experience with our front desk agent, I truly believe that we have some of the most hospitable employees in Wilmington. I will share your experience with our front desk employees at our next employee meeting to ensure you receive only the best service next time. I hope when your travels bring you back to Wilmington that we see you again!

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Country Inn and Suites began with a late minute change the night before to our reservation, communicated through the front desk. Upon arrival, there was a miscommunication of that change that, handled differently, might have spoiled an otherwise pleasant trip. No worry. Tod, the MOD and gentleman I spoke with about said change, seemed on a personal mission to have my wife and I leave his hotel satisfied. He explained the situation, then proceeded to vary our reservation in a way as to accommodate the rest of our stay. He seemed genuinely concerned over our comfort, and I really could not give higher marks over the handling of our stay. Even though there was no error on behalf of the hotel necessarily, our satisfaction was a priority.

As for the room itself, couldn't be happier. Large, comfortable king bed. We were traveling with an infant, and the crib we requested was in the room waiting for us, of course. The pool was a nice treat for our son and well maintained, even in early spring, and all three of us enjoyed the hot breakfast each morning that varied day to day.

All of these compliments remain secondary though to the customer service, which truly was exemplary. Traveling long distances is hard enough without the headache of finding accommodations. This, however, is a headache we will not be faced with again if we ever make a return to Wilmington. The Country Inn and Suites Airport location has our business.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to write us a wonderful review. Your satisfaction is our priority and we will always go above and beyond to make sure that you and your family are well taken care of. We are pleased to see that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities, such as the indoor pool and our daily hot and fresh breakfast. We hope when your travels bring you back to the area that we see you again! Kindest Regards.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I wanted to sincerely thank Ms.Bridgette for her hospitable, professional and sincere friendliness during our stay 3/28-3/30. As a neighbor and native of Wilmington, I wanted to treat my grandchildren to a mini-vacation during a busy spring break. I had the pleasure of speaking with Ms. Bridgette prior to our visit and upon checkout. Her attitude was the reason I chose Country Inn over other hotels in the area. We had a great 2 room suite and the grandchildren loved the pool and free cookies that provided a constant sweet aroma throughout the lobby:)
The setting is perfect, the hotel room and area is well-kept and we are thankful for a wonderful, relaxing stay!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Gina G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to complete a review! We are delighted that your grandchildren enjoyed their spring break and that they were able to take advantage of our yummy cookies! We hope the next time any of your family come to town to visit that we see you again! On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites Wilmington!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I spent a night here and thought the staff was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. They also said they recently had upgraded the wireless for the guest rooms. I thought it was plenty fast. We will definitely stay here again and recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: We thought the hot tub room was great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gina G, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your positive review, we greatly appreciate your feedback and value your opinion. We hope you come back to see us the next time you stay in Wilmington!