Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NC
  • Breakfast included
Sleep Inn(Wilmington)
Comfort Suites(Wilmington)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskfree cookieswafflespool and hot tubclean roomsbooked this hotelfamily vacationexcellent hotelhot breakfastthe general managerthe breakfast areaa great staymarket streetgreat roomstaff was friendlywould definitely stay here againconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We used to swear by staying in a Country Suites hotel. We have actually never experienced a bad one until now. Lesson learned on our part.

From a birdseye view, all looked well. Appeared to be a nice location - central to food, shopping etc. And a short drive to Wrightsville Beach.

When we arrived, we noticed we were across the street from a strip mall. All chain stores (Target, Shoe Carnival etc.) but nothing unique and charming. (Well, except for Target. I'm a big fan. haha!)

Aside from the flat screen TV, our room felt dated. This is definitely an older Country Suites hotel. On the surface, everything looked clean and nice. We hadn't planned on being in our hotel very long so extra amenties (room service etc) werent needed.

After walking Wilmington all day Saturday, we returned to our room. Upon laying in the bed, we found that it was ridiculously uncomfortable. A sleeping bag in a tent would be more comfortable, I think. It also didn't have a clean feel to it. Even the carpet under our feet felt grimey. A far cry from the feel of the room on the web site pics.

I had decided to take a quick shower. I dropped something on the bathroom floor. When I bent over to pick it up, I saw hair all over the floor. It looked like stubble from someone who had shaved their prior. GROSS!! It wasn't in the middle of the floor so not immediately noticeable or anything. Rather, it was all pushed along the door molding. Ack! That is not a thorough and sanitary cleaning job and a non-negotiable for me. We were outta there the next day.

Last, but not least in any way. We were packing up to head to a cleaner hotel the next morning. My husband drew the curtains back to see two flags waiving. The first was the hotel flag. The second, our United States flag - almost torn in half. We were shocked and disappointed. We mentioned it to the clerk on our way out. He said, "[he] just noticed it and was going to take it down today." Right. That flag had been there awhile. NOT COOL!!!

Luckily, we were able to find an affordable vacancy in another hotel. We won't be returning to this one.

• Stayed: March 2012
Temika H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NC, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

It’s unfortunate to learn that you experienced these problems during your stay. Your comments are taken very seriously and these issues have been addressed to prevent any future inconveniences to our guest. We take pride in our hotel and sincerely appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can provide you with the service and accommodations that you deserve.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed over President's weekend at Country Inn visiting family. Rooms are clean & comfortable, the small business center was fully equipped computer, printer, stapler, etc. Indoor pool is a real plus, we had one rainy, miserable day so we all went across the street to the new Target store & bought bathing suits and enjoyed the rest of the day at the indoor pool. Cookies each night at bedtime were yummy.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Kevin C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NC, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your response.

Take Care

Reviewed January 18, 2012

We have stayed at the CI&S, Wilmington Airport, several times since August 2011 - most recently this past weekend. Our experiences have all be positive. Very clean hotel; staff is great (espeically Julia, Hank & Dot). Hot breakfast is very good; lobby is comfortable & inviting (great fireplace!). Highly recommend this Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank toosnowy
Janet C, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NC, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Thank you for the thoughtful comments. I’ll pass them along to Hank, Julia, Dot and the rest of the team. Thanks for staying with us! We’ll see you the next time you are in Wilmington.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

I travel nationally for business and stay in hotels at least 100 nights a year. This is by far the nicest hotel I've stayed in at any price. And wonder of wonders, the price is incredibly reasonable. I stay here whenever I'm in Wilmington. It's tucked into the Carolina woods but close to lots of shopping, restaurants, the airport, the university...everything. Sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch, though, you'd swear you're on a country road, it's so quiet and beautiful. The rooms are fabulous. I'm allergic to dust and these rooms are spotless. They're also beautiful and comfortable, with good beds, very good sheets, a great desk for doing paperwork, and I beautiful piece of furniture that holds the fridge, microwave, safe, drawers, and the flat screen TV. And there's a cozy easy chair and hassock. One of my pet peeves is bad lighting in hotel rooms and this hotel has fabulous lighting. There's even an overhead light for really bright lighting. And the bathroom has great side lights for putting on my makeup. The breakfast has good strong coffee and all the usual things plus a couple that I've always wished for -- fruit cups sweetened with fruit juice and low-cal yogurt. The desk staff is friendly, considerate, caring and responsive. The same people have been there every time I've been there -- not a lot of turnover in staff. I wish I could stay in a hotel this wonderful every night!

Room Tip: Every room seems to be equally wonderful.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Redwood67

Thank you for sharing your great experience at The Country Inn and Suites! I’m so pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities. From all of the staff at Country Inn and Suites, thank you for being our guest! See you next time,

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay. The hotel was very comfortable, clean, and quiet just like a home away from home.Everyone was very polite and even a courtesy call after we got settled in, that felt pretty good also. If you are just looking for a good old fashion get away for a day or two this is the perfect place. It is also near anything you want to do eat, shop, or just stay at the hotel and chill out in the spa. AHHHH
The bed was also AMAZING got to give it a try to and you might not even leave your room.

Room Tip: The bed was great and Carabiaas is right down the road.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cora S

Thanks Cora and Brandon. We’re glad you had a great time at the Country Inn and Suites. We make it easy to get away and relax, even if it’s only for a day or two. Are you ready to come back? Give us a call! See you soon!