“A wonderful stay”

Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A wonderful stay”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Letting everyone know that this inn has it all. Not only with the physical amenities but the staff was GREAT. Justin at the check-in counter was very courtesy and willing to work with us on our check-out time. I was also very impressed with the General Manager, Julia. She offered local ways to keep our children entertained. The weather was not beach worthly. I will definitly stay at the inn again and look forward going back real soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Montgomery, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a beautifully kept, well furnished inn. The pool is gorgeous(indoors it is right off the lobby and looks spotless) The variety of breakfast choices is a well chosen variety. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have a comfortable stay. Check in and check out could not be any easier. I would definetly reccomend this as a great place to stay whether for a night or for a few days...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed September 25, 2011

What can you say about CI&S that isn't said? They are terrific. Always a warm welcome and a nice, warm chocolate chip cookie upon check-in.

We were met by Justin, who was happy to be a part of the CI&S team and did a great job of getting us set-up.

The set-up is standard for CI&S: free breakfast, pool and jacuzzi and a family friendly feel. My wife an I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The room was very clean and the staff members were very nice and friendly. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011
Prince George's County, Maryland
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My aunt booked this location for a group in celebration of her 50th Bday which was also during the Labor Day Holiday Weekend. Big in a beach town. When I went to book all of the rooms in her block were sold out. I called the manager who said if I could find a room on the website, he'd charge me the group block rate. I did and he held up his bargain. That saved me $50/night! Upon arrival at 10 am after a 6 hour drive, we were told check in did not occur until 3 pm because check out was at 12 noon. I again explained my situation and the manager immediately sought a room for us to rest. All needs were taken care of as this hotel. The location is perfect and safe. It is across the street from a Target. Offers quick access to Market Street and I-40 and the beaches. The breakfast can get crowded but people are friendly and we sat at tables together. Hotel offers free internet. There is a nice indoor pool and fitness center. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Service was Great! Every staff member was polite, friendly and professional.
Our room was clean and very comfortable, it felt like home.
Fantastic location, close to the city and the beaches...who could want for more!
Overall our experience at this hotel was exceptional and we will most definitely be back again.

Room Tip: The Standard King Guest Room is just as cozy as the King Suite, you can't go wrong with it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Pikeville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2011

First of all... We arrived late because we got lost. Check out was at 3:00 pm and we didn't get there til 4:00. Well we get our key, go to our room, the kids walk in and say mommy someone's clothes are in the room. Apparently housekeeping didn't know the people before us left everything they owned in the world in our room. (Dirty socks, underwear and everything) The room had not been cleaned at all. We go back to the desk and they give us another room, ten minutes after we arrive a crazy, psycho lady knocks on the door and tells us.. that we are too loud, she said the walls are thin and we have to be careful...(like we built the hotel, I mean it's not our fault if the walls are thin)! I wanted to flip out!!! The next day, we come back in from a day at the beach and our key does not work... we are standing outside the door with 4 kids tired and ready to bathe and sleep and we can't get in our room. After I told the front desk person, he acted like he was so concerned about our losy stay at their hotel and he assured me that we would get a refund of some kind. WELL HE LIED! I never got anything! AND the fold away couch was a horrible sleep! And the complimentary breakfast was a joke!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family