All reviews wrightsville beach indoor pool room was clean king suite convenient location the breakfast area waffle maker waffles decent breakfast free breakfast would stay here again checking in stayed one night front desk staff first floor nice stay hot breakfast
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Clean comfy and polite staff! Parking right out front. Easy to find and close to UNC-W. Easy to get to Wrightsvillle Beach and good places to eat. Quiet and nice bathroom. TVs in both rooms in the suites!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Marianne C,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We take great pride in what we do and we love to hear when our guests have a clean, comfy, and welcoming place to stay! We hope to see you again during any future visits to UNCW, Wilmington, or Wrightsville Beach!

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

I had to contact Marriott and have them move me to another hotel nearby. The worst Marriott property I have ever seen. The entire 3rd floor smelled very musky as I walked to my room. When I entered my room, I noticed that the furniture was very worn and outdated. The curtains were transparent and there was not an additional curtain that you can cover the windows with. Therefore, you will be seen from outside. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Not sure how on earth this hotel has the ratings it has.

Stayed: September 2017
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Lynette D,
Thank you very much for reviewing your recent visit with us. I regret that we fell so short of your expectations and have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to address these concerns. We understand that our property is beginning to show it's age and we work tirelessly to maintain our product to the best of our ability and I am certain that our service is one of the top reasons that we have the rating that we do. With that said, I am incredibly excited to let you know that we will be undergoing a renovation to begin this winter that will address the conditional items that you encountered at our property. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you during any future visits to the Wilmington area.

Reviewed September 23, 2017

Stayed here for a couple of days, excellent service and property comfortable.
Easily to Uber downtown. Restaurants a few blocks away but I always go downtown when in Wilmington.
Would stay again next trip.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

TCBinKC,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is always so nice to hear when a guest enjoys there stay and we look forward to serving you again during any future visits to the Wilmington area!

Reviewed September 14, 2017

This Fairfield Inn & Suites is at the top of Eastwood Road where you can easily drive to Wrightsville Beach, go to an event at UNCW, or hop on Route 117 (South College Road) to continue the trek down to Carolina Beach. It sits near the end of Interstate 40 and there are lots of restaurants and shops nearby (not walk-able as Eastwood is a major road that is not safe for pedestrians to walk along or cross). It is situated directly next to the Marriott Towneplace Suites. Parking is a bit tight at night with narrow spaces, but we always found a space a little further from the door.

Breakfast was crowded and the selection was average. We got up late so we never saw any of the cut fruit, but it had apparently been there. The kids enjoyed making waffles on the waffle maker, and my husband and I appreciated the better than average coffee.

The double rooms were spacious, the wifi was pretty fast, and our family of four was satisfied for the 2 nights we stayed there.

Room Tip: Use the stairs and exit out the side door to avoid the elevator wait. (There are more parking spaces at the ends of the hotel too.)
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Hilltop33,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I agree that our location is incredibly convenient to most of what Wilmington has to offer! We greatly appreciate your kind words and hope that you keep us in mind for any future visits to the Wilmington area.

And I agree 100% about the coffee!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We had a good stay at this hotel. It wasn't great or amazing, but we got some pretty affordable rates, so we were happy. This place is a little older, and probably in need of some upgrades (what WAS that smell in the elevator, anyway??? reminded me of sweaty hockey equipment...ewww).

The room was clean - but interestingly lacked any sort of decor - and lacked a fridge - HUH? That was pretty inconvenient.

I must say that the location was quite ideal - close to the beach and to the riverwalk area.

The breakfasts were okay - the coffee was simply horrible, but most hotel coffee is.

Would I come back? No. But then again, I probably wouldn't visit Wilmington again anyway, so there you go.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Dear Pokee,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback very much and are aware that our property is beginning to show it's age. We will be undergoing a renovation this winter that will address a number of items that you mentioned, including a mini-fridge in every guest room! We are very excited about our upcoming improvements and I hope that if you do visit Wilmington again, you give us the chance to show you that we are much more than your average Fairfield!