“Super Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is one of about three of my favorites in the Fairfield group. Great location, near some good restaurants, and not too far from the ocean. Desk staff very friendly and helpful. Room clean as a whistle and the bed was great. Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you so much for the high regards! We are very proud of our hotel and, on a personal note, I am very proud of my staff who consistently go above and beyond for our guests. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property and look forward to future visits. Thanks again and please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Being from Wilmington and knowing the area this hotel met most of our needs coming back to visit friends and being within good proximity to our planned activities with easy access to major roads. Having stayed at other Wilmington hotels I can attest that this hotel has a very friendly staff both over the phone and in person from the front desk through guest room services and hospitality. Our room was beautiful, well laid out, QUIET (nicely insulated), clean and the bed/pillows were nice. The only thing I missed from home in this room was WiFi and heavier bedding, but wired internet was provided. And, an extra blanket was provided in the closet, so it was a case of preference only. We did not take advantage of the pool or weight rooms, but both appeared attractive. The breakfast area is nice, but can become a bit crowded. Why? The food is very good. My husband loved the eggs. Everything from coffee to milk and a variety of juices are available. Different types of bread, waffles and bagels are available. I had oatmeal each morning with a fresh banana, but other fruits are available. One morning I took a nice tray of breakfast back to our King Suite and we leisurely enjoyed our breakfast watching a movie in the living area. Let's talk price... Most cost efficient against compareables. We particularly enjoyed our govt discount, thank you.

The Shaws

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank OthelloOwner
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I just wanted to write you a quick note to let you know that we do have complimentary WIFI access throughout the building. We look foward to you visiting again in the future and thank you again for your business!
Will Lear
GM

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have stayed at many hotels but I've never stayed in one with 2 queen beds where both mattress ROLLED you to the center of the bed. When I complained I was told that "IF" I was a member of Marriot's preferred guest then they 'could' do something but since I wasn't 'sorry'.
I will never stay at this hotel or recommend it to anyone. Shame on the Marriott for not supporting all guest instead of 'preferred members'. Why would anyone want to be a 'preferred' member when you can't sleep in their beds?????????????

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dan,
I'm very sorry that your stay was not up to your, or our own, expectations. If you have a moment and would please contact me regarding this situation, I would like to get some more information so that we can address this specific issue. I also want to assure you that the level of service that we provide should not be dependent on your rewards status within Marriott. Customer service is of top importance regardless of the guest and I'm very sorry that you were given this impression. I will certainly be addressing this with our staff so that we can improve going forward. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and, again, I am very sorry for your troubles.

Will Lear
GM

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed here last weekend during the Memorial Day weekend and had a great time here. Even though we stayed here for a night, this hotel was very clean and the staff were great. Considering that it was a spur of a moment trip and the hotel was very accommodating. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Great hotel with nice helpful staff and no parking to pay
We took a trip too see the local battleship that was very interesting
We also had a look around Wilmington centre but didn't have a great deal of time to spend
The breakfast at the hotel was a buffet style and a good variety

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank netty70
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding in Wilmington and the location was perfect. It was very accessible to I-40 and close to the beach and downtown Wilmington. The hotel is very clean and modern and I enjoyed my stay very much. Mark at the front desk was very helpful and accommodating and provided excellent customer service. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. I also enjoyed that the breakfast was included in the room rate and the selection included eggs, waffles, cereal, fresh fruit and a assorted bagels and muffins. I would definitely come back here the next time I am in Wilmington.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katladyunc
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay at our property and we look forward to having you back again in the future!
Best Regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my grandchildren for a long weekend. The location is excellent, close to the beach and local attractions. The beds and pillows Are VERY comfortable. The breakfast is great with both hot and cold items available. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wcb1126

Thank you for your review...we are happy to hear that you had a great experience and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future. We really appreciate it!