Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites recently and was pleased with the overall appearance of the hotel. It had a well updated lobby as well as room. The bathroom was massive! Plenty of room to move around and get ready. The room was smaller, but it was ample enough for just the two of us. I used my Marriott rewards points for the stay so I couldn't complain about the price! Breakfast was filling (more than most continental breakfasts). The bed was incredibly comfortable! The only complaint that I had was that there wasn't a mini fridge or microwave in the room. Especially with this being such a tourist heavy area, I expected them. I've seen hotels of much lower qualities with these amenities, so was very surprised that this one didn't have them. I had brought leftovers in a cooler that I wanted to heat up. Luckily there was a microwave I used in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Greetings,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay, Please contact me directly for your next visit and we will upgrade you to a suite. All our suites have microwaves and refrigerators.

Steve

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently spend 2 months in Wilmington, NC for business. I checked in on Sundays and out on Fridays. Every single person that I came to know at the Fairfield Inn & Suites went above and beyond to exceed my expectations. I travel 100-200 days each year, so I recognize quality service. The front desk staff was excellent, always made me feel welcome, and that they were glad to see me. The ladies in the dining room made me feel like family. The food was plentiful and delicious. The location of this hotel is perfect if you are going to the beach, shopping, downtown Wilmington or to UNC-W.

• Stayed: March 2013
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Greetings,

Thank you for your kind words. I have shared your review with the staff and they are overjoyed to see that their efforts are acknowledged. I tell all of our associates to treat our guests as would treat our families at home. People are the difference and we have the best.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we arrive quite early, the front desk clerk gave us a room right away. When we asked about a suite, one was available and we were accommodated. Later we had an issue with the lights not working in the room and maintenance was there within minutes. We also got up very early the next morning and went to get coffee, etc. to bring back to our room. The hostess there was quite sweet and gave us extra bowls and and serving tray so we could carry everything. Later when we needed directions to a particular location, the desk clerk was on it, looking for the details. We also met the Manager of the Hotel and suggested that he give his employees a nice raise!!

Room Tip: All of these rooms are quite nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nette56

Thanks for taking the time to review us; it's through comments like yours we can improve. We are so glad that you had the opportunity to experience what great customer service is about treat people well and they will return that’s hospitality. Our people make the difference.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was my first trip to the Carolina coast and I had a few questions about the area. Daniel was at the front desk both nights I was there and had an answer for ever thing. He was amazing, always present at the desk and attentive to the guests in the lobby. He never got annoyed with me and very pleasant, professional, and helpful. I found a good deal on the room, breakfast was good as far as free breakfast goes. I left the do not disturb sign on my door and the house keeping staff left new towels and amenities at my door, which I thought was a nice touch. I would defiantly stay again on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Greetings,

Thanks for taking the time to complete a survey, comments like your help us improve our service. I always take great pride when I see an associates name mentioned like Daniel, People are the only difference and I strive to have the best. Please come back and see us again on your next trip to Wilmington.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Very clean and bright rooms. Great breakfast with variety. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others. WiFi kept going out for my iPad making it hard to work so I really hope they improve that soon. Also recommend bringing your own shampoo as the "classic Pantene" provided doesn't feel like it cleans well. No beer in the pantry if that matters to you. Otherwise, it's 5 stars for the price and location.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Greetings,

Thanks for your kind support of our hotel. Given the number of devices the current traveler carries with them in today’s world, we are constantly upgrading services to handle the volume. We are currently in the upgrade process again and hope to be completed prior to the end of the month. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Wilmington.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our family really enjoyed our stay here. It was my husband and two children. The rooms were modern, clean and spacious. We stayed in a regular room with two queen size beds. There were plenty of towels too ~ a plus for the four of us. The things that we enjoyed most were the hotel lobby and pool. In the lobby there is this comfortable sitting area that has free internet service with free coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and water around the clock. My girls enjoyed playing games on those computers. The pool was a big hit as well. The front desk staff was very nice and accomodating, especially Daniel, who I am sure is happy that we finally left ~ we spend a lot of time in that lobby/sitting area. I would recommend this Inn to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LauraG894
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Greetings,

Thanks for taking the time to fill out a survey; I know how hard it is to make time for this when raising kids. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. I shared your comments with Daniel and he was very thankful.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The rooms were modern and clean. We were near the elevator but did not hear any noise the one night we were here. We were on the back side so our view was of the Marriott Town Suites. Not much to look at here but there is a big shopping area across the highway. It's 5 miles from beach. There was a big sign in the elevator touting their hot breakfast with oatmeal, sausage & eggs but turns out they weren't doing that just yet. They were going to start after we checked out. Kinda disappointing cause the posters were quite appetizing. They had Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits you could microwave but the staff said they wouldn't be doing that anymore. We had a hotel coupon so thought it was a good value for what we paid.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LynnWVA
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Greetings,
Thanks for taking the time to fill out a survey. I share all reviews with our staff because I believe comments like your can only make us better. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and felt it was a good value. I am truly sorry you missed out on the new hot breakfast, all our guests are welcoming the change.