“Not worth the high ratings”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The suite was open floor plan, the living room tv sound and light came into bedroom

Both nights we had to call for extra towels... They only put three for a family of four. One night i called for towels and the lady told me i had to come get them because she was the only person working

I will stay somewhere else next time

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Wgsmith11
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. I will use your observations to improve upon our customer hospitality. I apologize for not doing a better job in picking up on the need for additional towels; this will be shared with the staff so others can be better serviced. I hope that if you get an opportunity to stay in Wilmington you will give me a chance to earn back your business.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I hope the manager of the hotel reads this and takes notes. The hotel was very clean and well kept and better than most Marriott properties I have stayed at. However, some of your employees make your hotel less than desirable to stay at. For example, when I finally got back to my room and wanted to settle in for the evening I wanted to watch a little TV. I could not understand why the TV was not working and I called down to the desk where a rude woman told me I could manually change the channel myself or press in some wire on the back to correct the problem. I was furious and retorted back-"I did not pay for a room only to do TV maintenance"! She got nastier still and said it wasn't maintenance. I hung up on her. Then a knock at the door and a hotel staff member came to check out my TV. He fixed it ( he was nice as well as helpful) and I was able to enjoy the rest of my evening, but not without being aggravated first. Another clerk named Daniel gave me an attitude when he did not like my answer to his question upon checking out (How was your stay?) I tried to be polite and say it was o.k., but he probed some more and I told him I was disappointed about the breakfast and that the computer in the lobby did not work and I was going to list other complaints, but he cut me off in mid sentence. My thing is if you don't want my answer don't ask me any questions, but this is business and if you can't hear some constructive criticism then your business wont last.

Room Tip: It depends on the individuals needs really. A shame not all the rooms have refrigerators and microw...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TimeTraveler0530

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey, it is through comments like yours that we can improve. First and foremost I would like to offer you my sincere apology for the lack of hospitality you received during your recent stay. As the General Manager of the hotel I need to be able to here the good as well as the less than favorable comments regarding the hotel. I have taken the time to share your comments with our team and have challenged them to do better. We had at least two opportunities to meet your expectations and missed them both. Please feel free to contact me directly should you choose to stay with us in the future

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Very quiet and clean with good size room on first floor. Breakfast was fine- yogurt and cereal and fruit available in addition to packaged stuff. Handicap friendly too. I did not use pool or gym. For dinner try Catch- very good!

Room Tip: First floor was actually quiet and close to parking
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to fill out a survey. I have shared your comments with our team and the associates are proud of the fact you noticed how hard we work at making sure we are a clean and friendly hotel. We look forward to being your home away from home when in Wilmington.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had 2 stays at this hotel. Both were wonderful! Had a 2 queen beds room and a King suite. Very clean and spacious. I had no issues at all. The breakfast was more than just cereal and microwave sandwiches, they had fresh fruit, yogurt and great waffles. Great staff at this facility. Easy to get into and out. Had no issues with traffic or noise.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Thriftytravelerx2
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Greetings, thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. We are glad you enjoyed both of your stays and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Quite impressed with this property that was listed as a 2-1/2 star hotel. Very clean. Great service. Good breakfast spread. Got a room here on two separate occasions via Priceline bidding and felt it was a great value. Only disappointment was that rooms don't have microwaves or refrigerators - only suites have them. This wouldn't be a big deal if I weren't always dieting ; )

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if you want a microwave and refrigerator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank LadyBizWriter
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thanks for the kind words; I'm so glad you took the time to fill out a survey our team loves the feed back. Next time you come to Wilmington call and ask for the GM and I will give you an upgrade to a suite if available.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was in town for a fundraiser (raising money for Downs Syndrome Adoptions/Awareness). The hotel is clean, friendly and the rooms and beds VERY comfortable. I lost a phone charger and the situation was handled with great satisfaction! The General Manager and his staff deserve some sort of award. I stay at a Marriott whenever I travel. This particular hotel has the best service of all! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Anewday4U2
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to fill out a survey, I have shared your comments with the staff and they believe they have just received the best award ever. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked this hotel yesterday morning for my brother and sister-in-law who had to cut a trip short and return home a week early. The morning desk staff were pleasant, courteous and very helpful. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. We did have a small issue in the evening that was related to the night desk clerk. I called and left a message with the GM this morning who called me right back. We discussed what had happened the previous night and I could not have asked for a more polite and pro-active response to our issue. I know that the issue will be resolved and will not hesitate to book a stay in this hotel again. (My service review is for the General Manager and morning staff. I have taken the night clerk completely out of this equation) Clearly, this is a well managed and staffed hotel with nothing but the best inten. A. Jividen

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Greetings.... Thanks again for your kind words. This is an example of customer service even the GM needs to do his part. We look forward to helping you in the near future.