“Great location, great hotel!”

Hilton Wilmington Riverside
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Hilton Riverside is a wonderful place to stay due to its location on the scenic Cape Fear River and easy walking distance to the convention center and shops and dining in downtown historic Wilmington.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The hotel was nice although a bit dated from what I expect of Hilton. Self parking was a little difficult to figure out. Wish I had time to check out more of the waterfront but we did walk to a nearby restaurant which allowed us to see some of the waterfront shops.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013

While they did not do anything special to mark our wedding night, it was still very pleasant stay. The view was a little odd since we were riverfront but also overlooked the valet parking lot. The staff was friendly and accommodating to such a large group too. We had 11 rooms occupied and they were very happy to take us to wherever we needed and wanted to go using the hotel van. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Excellent hotel for business and meetings. Rooms nice and accommodations outstanding. Facilities include a nice steak house and is very close to several local dining places and fish houses. Hotel is safe and in a wonderful location with great views.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of a 2 week vacation. The hotel was in a very handy location for everything we wanted to do. It was a bit dated but it was clean, comfortable and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly upon check in. We ordered room service as we were very tired after our flight from the UK and a 2 hour drive and we were very happy with the service and the quality of the food. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Worth choosing a room with a river view. It's quite an attractive view and you get a great view...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My daughter who is a United States Marine booked a room for her Marine Corps Ball back in August . She asked that the room be first floor and was told that meant street level it didn't that meant 6 th floor. For the amount a room is there is no refrig or microwave. A refrig can be brought to your room for a Daily charge of $10 . The refrig is a dented cube! Our room overlooked the street. There was mold in the shower on ceiling and shower curtain and there was rust stains above the toilet on the ceiling... A dump... The hotel staff was very nice though.... A true disappointment

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else too expensive
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
WilmingtonHiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2015

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Marine Corps Ball with my boyfriend in Wilmington this past weekend and I booked a room at the Hilton. I paid about $230 for one night for a room with a river view and a king size bed. I've been to North Carolina quite a few times and normally I stay at a Sleep Inn in Jacksonville for about $80 a night. That room is so much nicer than the one at the Hilton it is funny. Our room was tiny, had no fridge, and a broken TV remote that was never replaced although I called down and asked. I drove down to NC from quite a ways away and called to see if I could check in before their standard 3pm check-in. I called the night before and the girl who answered the phone was laughing at something. Completely unprofessional. She told me I could not check in early. I called again the next day and spoke to a girl named Meghan who said she had a room ready and I was welcome to come check in at any time. Literally the only good experience I had with that hotel. I checked in and the guy at the front desk told me he needed a credit card for "incidentals". I asked if a debit card was ok no they needed a credit card. Fine. At NO point during that conversation was I told I would be charged $9 a day for parking. Are you kidding me?! How cheap can you be as a hotel? Also, the hotel KNEW they were hosting a ton of Marines this weekend. To me, hiding fees and not offering any discounts and having generally poor customer service is no way to run a business and certainly NO way to treat those men and women who serve our country. My mom has a Hilton rewards card and she will be getting rid of it and never staying in one again either after she heard about this past weekend. I will be telling my friends and the rest of my family. If the ball is in the same place next year I would never even consider staying there.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lkc137
WilmingtonHiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

I was disappointed to hear you were not happy with your stay at the hotel. We do host many unit balls and have a wonderful relationship with the folks at Camp Lejeune. We have discounted rooms allocated for these events, it appears from the rate you paid, you may have missed the opportunity to book the discounted rooms. I also apologize you were not informed about the parking. Our Hilton Agents are required to make mention of this at the time of booking and it is also listed on the confirmation that you are e-mailed. I know when you are unaware, it can be frustrating.

Once again, I apologize you were unhappy. I hope you will change your mind and return in the future.