“great location good stay”

Hilton Wilmington Riverside
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had a conference at the hotel for 2 days, the location was great plenty to do and eat in the area. The view of the river and battleship from the 9th floor was great. The staff at the front desk was great gave us some good info on places to eat. Parking is either $9 or $12 dollars.

Room Tip: River view high floors
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
WilmingtonHiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your conference. We were honored to host the event and we hope to do so again in the future. We appreciate the great review.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We attend the Wilmington Regional Safety School every year and we always stay at the Riverside Wilmington Hilton. It was an awesome stay. Nice comfortable beds and great river views as well as historic downtown views.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We love hosting your event and we are thrilled you had such a great experience. We will see you again next year....or hopefully sooner than that.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here on a family trip to Wilmington and was very convenient to the downtown restaurants and bars. Also, the room provided a great view of the battleship and Cape Fear River. However, the service left something to be desired and our room was not ready at the 3pm check-in time which meant afternoon plans were somewhat delayed. However, the benchmark question for me is "would you stay here again?" In this case the answer is yes....can't be the location in downtown Wilmington, there is a decent outside pool/bar area, and except for the shower draining slow the room was more than suitable.

Room Tip: Request a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize your room was not ready at the designated check in time. We do our best to have all of our guests in a timely manner and when this does not happen, I know it can be frustrating. I will address this with our housekeeping team. We appreciate the review and do hope you will come see us again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Courteous staff, beyond expectations, definitely Concierge is worth stopping by. It's beautiful & off the water with everyone treating you like family. I saw weddings, business conferences & families so they do it all. I extended my stay because this location makes it hard to leave.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much for you review. We hope you will return soon, it was a pleasure having you!

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I travel often for business and love Hilton garden inns Hamptons and some of the other brands but this will be my last time to take a risk on a Hilton resort , and I use that word very loosely. My room has a view of the rundown downtown. It is a king bed but that is the only thing king sized about it. The room smells of old cigarette smoke it seems. Parking is extra breakfast is extra. No refigerator in the room but they will bring you one for $10 per night extra. Everything is extra except for the quality. Hilton should be ashamed for jacking the price up on everything and then hope people stay loyal. Well, I have finally learned my lesson the hard way. Goodbye Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank tspearson

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize you felt the stay was not what you expected. We strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests and appears we fell short during your stay.

We do hope you will return to see us, we would love to provide you with a fantastic experience.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went for an overnight trip to Wilmington. This hotel had been recommended to us by a friend. Check-in was easy. The room was comfortable and relatively spacious. There was a big stain on the carpet beside the bed that was a little disgusting. The bathroom was nice but there was not an abundance of towels. We had a river view which was nice. The gift shop was tiny and inadequate for gifts. Magazines and snacks were fairly limited. We discovered breakfast by accident since we were not told about it at check-in. Breakfast was good but not wonderful. The buffet was not kept we'll stocked so that I had to wait and catch waitstaff to resupply it. I did not find it nearly good enough for the $30+ it cost. I previously had a very similar breakfast at a less expensive hotel that came with the stay. The location was great as there were lots of interesting shops and restaurants within walking distance. All in all, this was not the hotel I would have expected a Hilton to be. But the stay was okay, and it gave us the affordable opportunity to enjoy the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Bloozy

Thank you for you recent stay and review. I apologize for your breakfast experience and I will notify the Food and Beverage team so that they may remedy this immediately.

Thank you again and we hope you will will come see us again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here as it was the host hotel for a recently attended conference.

Location is great....it is riverfront on the Cape Fear River, in the historic district, with a number of shops and restaurants nearby within walking distance. It is also a short distance from the convention center, which was an easy walk either on Water street or Riverwalk (boardwalk).

Check in was quick, although the young lady who assisted me offered little information. Despite having a bed and breakfast rate, it was not until I asked would I need anything for breakfast in the morning that she wrote up my breakfast coupons. Even then, she did not bother to explain where the restaurant was located (there is the main floor lobby, which has a restaurant (Ruth's Chris) then the hotel restaurant is on the ground floor.

Breakfast was OK. The variety was good. I was waited on by Cindy twice (on two different mornings). She was extremely friendly, efficient, and I was very pleased with my service with her. One morning, I was waited on by someone (I cannot remember her name, but her tag said supervisor)....ironically, she provided the most inefficient, mediocre service (I was there for 5 days, 4 nights). Not sure why she is the supervisor because Cindy is much more pleasant and efficient.

My room (king bed) was fairly spacious. It was an average room.... Nothing spectacular (I had a city view). I could also hear a lot of noise in the hall when people were outside of their rooms congregating, but it was quiet once they went inside their rooms (and I did not hear anything else from the rooms above or around mine). The room was clean, but the hotel is in need of a renovation. Bed was somewhat uncomfortable and the bed frame appeared warped/broken.

My rate (including breakfast) and parking was $200 per night....I think it is over priced for what it offered.

I would stay he again if It were the conference hotel again, but if given a choice, I would research other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank carolinasunshine13

Thank you for your recent stay and review. We appreciate the input and I will let our Food & Beverage department know of your experience in the restaurant as well as housekeeping for the bed frame issue. I apologize you did not feel the beds were comfortable, they are Hilton's Standard bedding program and the mattresses are new, however we will investigate to see if this needs to be replaced.

Thank you again, we hope you will return with the next conference.