“Wedding experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Edgewood, New Mexico, United States
“Wedding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was a destination wedding for our daughter who lives in Raleigh with friends and family traveling from all over the country; including us, the parents of the bride, who live in Albuquerque. Haleigh Beyer was the contact person for me and our daughter and she was great! The reception food was wonderful, the flowers beautiful and the cake, oh the cake, just delicious. Everything went off without a hitch and I would highly recommend this hotel for your wedding/wedding reception needs.

1 Thank Mary M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Chappaqua, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel was the venue for a large family wedding. After reading recent reviews on Tripadvisor, I was worried about the quality of the place. As a result, I did call ahead and request that our room be in the newer tower, and this request was honored. We had a room with a king bed and a town view. Everything was fine, the room size was normal, the elevators were fast enough and there were no problems with noise, or anything. The outdoor pool area was a fun gathering place. Having Ruth Chris' Restaurant right in the hotel was a plus...pricey, but dependably delicious. For anyone looking at this as a possible wedding venue, I would say, as a guest, that the wedding reception in the ballroom was a well run affair.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank subrosa47
, Director of Sales at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your business and such a nice review. I think I know exactly the wedding you were with and all of you and the family were an absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you again and we hope you return soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I never visited Wilmington, NC but decided to enjoy my birthday there. Got to the hotel and was greeted by the front desk person (don't remember his name) When I told him I was celebrating my birthday, he gave me passes for the breakfast buffet each morning of my stay. When I mentioned my son was visiting us, he gave me a parking permit for him so he wouldn't have to worry about parking on the street. The room overlooked the Cape Fear river, which was so nice to see each evening and wake to each morning. The room was clean, quiet and roomy enough. Even though there were 2 weddings, a military training conference, a couples retreat and out of town visitors, the hotel was not noisey or crowded. Our waitress both mornings, Stacey, was wonderful. All in all, I was not disappointed. The location is perfect for those who want to just walk outside and enjoy the downtown area. I would highly recommend this hotel and it's staff.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Cape Fear river are worth the money.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WilmingtonHiltonGirl, Director of Sales at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
What a great review. Thank you so much for sharing. We love when our staff is recognized for their hard work and we will share your review with the team.

I am sure it will not surprise you to learn Stacey won Employee of the Year for our entire company and we are very proud of her.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

We LOVE Wilmington and took our son for orientation at UNCW and decided to stay the night (we only live 2 hours away but wanted to enjoy the downtown area for the evening). All I can say is that we have stayed in a LOT of hotels all over the country, and we were very disappointed. For $180 on a MONDAY we had no refrigerator, no breakfast (not even a bagel and coffee????), no microwave, an ice machine that seemed a mile away. The bathrooms were very outdated and the toilet seat lid FELL DOWN every time you sat on it (we are not large people...I am 120# and my husband is 190#!!!!) I have never seen anything like this! If you are desperate, go ahead and stay. If not, opt for a place on the beach which would be WELL WORTH YOUR MONEY!

Room Tip: If you are desperate to stay here choose a river view room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Annie B
Thank you for your business.
I apologize you felt that your stay was disappointing.

It sounds like you were more upset with our amenities more then anything else. I do want to clarify that we do have refrigerators and microwaves available upon request. We also offer complimentary breakfast to all of our Hilton Diamond and Gold Members.

Every hotel varies with what they offer. We are no exception. What we do offer that the beach can not, is location. We are footsteps endless shopping, eateries, sight seeing, night life and we are situated on on Wilmington's Riverwalk. We over look the USS NC Battleship and put you in the center of our beautiful historic city and all it's charms.

Thank you again. We appreciate every guest's opinion and will use it to make ourselves better.
San Jose, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have to agree with Mirella s, Room was overpriced, felt like I was at any ordinary hotel but was paying twice the price. We arrived for a wedding, had pre-booked and pre paid room 3 weeks in advance at $170.00 per night. We were there 2 nights. Found room to be plain, simple nothing special. We had to re-set the button on back of tv every time we turned it on. Paid $12.00 for buffet breakfast per person (we had 4 in our party). And last morning at checkout was surprised to be charged $9.00 per night for parking ( was not told this prior) room was dusty and we could smell cigarette smoke coming in from A.C. ( we were on 5th floor) also housekeeping cleaned room on Saturday but didn't put clean glasses in room. There were no refrigerator, or microwave.. The one bright spot was roomservice was fast and food was very good...

Room Tip: On fifth floor city side no traffic noise, no real view
1 Thank Darrin W
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton during memorial day weekend. Although they were very busy we were still able to get a room on a higher floor that we had requested and the staff was very friendly throughout our stay. After reading the reviews I was very weary of spending more money to stay at this Hilton, however once there, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean and the bedding in the room was the Hilton style bedding the bathroom did look like it was older but with a few newer touches. So if you are one that needs everything to be as new as possible you may be disappointed. The room did look considerably smaller than what was pictured and the "historic view" is really a few of downtown Wilmington which is just buildings nothing special. One definite negative was about a day into our stay my back started to hurt considerably. I have to agree with the other reviews that the mattresses need to be changed although the bedding was new the mattress seemed to be a very old style, literally blue (do they even make blue mattress anymore?). However even with the size of the room and the bad mattress what made up for all of it was the location. This hotel is walking distance to everything that downtown Wilmington has to offer and it can't be beat. You really forgot about the daily parking charge when you figure that you can participate in all the activities then go back to your room to nap or change and get ready for your night festivities. We literally ate at a different restaurant and partook in different activities all within a few minutes walk of beautiful downtown. All in all I would definitely stay at this hotel again, the location cannot be beat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Paid $180.76 for a King Size bedroom.
We arrived around midnight after a long trip. We did not have dinner and we were hoping to have a good brekfast in the morning but

THE BREKFAST WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE $ 180.76......PLUS WE PAID $ 9.00 FOR THE EXTRA CAR (WE HAD 20 AND THE PARKING LOT WAS HALF EMPTY.....

So we just walk around to find a place were to have something before beeing in the road again.

PS. The water on the bathroom sink was hardly going down...

Very Very disappointing and for sure not to go there again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple