“Presentation, Smell and Taste were all Wonderful!”

Double Happiness Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 673 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Columbus, Ohio
“Presentation, Smell and Taste were all Wonderful!”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My husband and I came to Wilmington to get away for a few days and to visit family. They are "foodies" and know all there is to know about the restaurants around town. They were going to suggest something a bit more touristy, seeing how we have never been here but that would have taken us to downtown and crowds. They have been here many times and the owner even knew them when they came in. The owner (I believe) also served us and you can tell she really loves what she does. She wanted to help us decide what dish we would like. She described dishes and flavors for almost every dish. (There were 7 of us, so she had her work cut out for her!). The first thing I noticed was the beautiful presentation. My General Tso was colorful (orange slices all around!). We had spent so much time discussing flavors and traditions that by the time we were about done with our dinner, she brought out a shrimp dish as a sample for us to try, just because she wanted everyone to know it's flavor. I didn't have any but that's because I don't eat seafood but everyone said they loved it. Even though we were full, most of us ordered dessert. We had a hard time deciding and she did her best to describe the red bean and the lychee ice cream but I guess none of use were brave enough. So our table ordered coconut cake, chocolate cake and green tea ice cream. Those of us that ordered, LOVED our desserts. But she brought out the samples of red bean and the lychee and they were wonderful! Not only is the food fantastic but the service was even better. I even learned something. In China, it's customary to compliment someone not just on the food but the presentation and the smell also. Which were all wonderful.

• Visited January 2012

“Great food”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Not your normal Chinese food. Thank God! Food not swimming in sweet sauces. Fish is fresh, ask for specials not on menu. Mongolian Beef and Dry- wok Chicken are great. Also steamed dumplings.

wilmington nc
“Great food!”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Love this place!!! Great food, courteous staff. Would recommend to anyone.

• Visited September 2011
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Not Happy”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband & I went for lunch last week, & were not impressed. The food was not very good, & the waiter was rude. On top of that, it was $8 for a lunch special, & that is way too much to pay for the small amount of food you get here. I will not go back.

• Visited September 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Save your money - Double not to happy”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Food tastes just like any Chinese take out but at double the prices. Same wooden chopsticks you find at any American style Chinese rest in US/ Canada. Same menu.......etc

General Tso's chicken, mu shu.....etc $12 to $17 a plate. Nothing to get excited about for buffet/ take out quality food.

Place looks like an old Dennys or Bob's Big Boy.

• Visited March 2011