“Even Better Than Before”
Review of Osteria Cicchetti

Osteria Cicchetti
Ranked #34 of 721 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eastwood Road
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I reviewed this restaurant 14 months ago and have been back several times since then. It seems to get better with every visit. The food is wonderful and of consistently high quality and unique flavors. The service is first rate and the menu choices provide options for every size appetite. True Caesar salad with crisp romaine, light delicate calamari, inventive flatbread pizza, traditional pasta dishes finished with wonderfully seasoned sauces. I think the value of what they offer is excellent considering that it is, without question, the best Italian cuisine in the area. We had a dinner for 3 including appetizers, salads and entrees for $66 (incl. tax). Delightful atmosphere that makes you feel like you are dining in an Italian piazza. Yes, it is located in a strip shopping center, but once you walk through the door, you are in Italy.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

I loved this restaurant and the service was wonderful. I ordered a veal dish and it was suburb. However my friend order the linguini and clams and was not nearly so happy....lots of linguini, very few clams and almost non existent sauce. But in spite of that my veal dish is one that very few Italian restaurants make any more so it was wonderful and we shared my strawberry pastry and both swooned over it. I think she just made a bad choice as I saw many other diners dishes and they looked wonderful also. They even have some very unusual pizzas if that's your choice. When I frst saw it was in a strip center I was worried but I was looking for food, not atmosphere and inside it gave me both!

Reviewed August 9, 2010

I visited Wilmington this past weekend for a Girls Getaway with two of my friends. Osteria came highly recommended so we made an online reservation. It was a good thing we did! They have a pretty high capacity but the place was nearly packed at 6:30pm on a Saturday night. We all ordered different things to share. One ordered the "Al Pesto Pasta" Shell Pasta with a Pesto Cream Sauce and Sundried Tomatoes.. Excellent!!!!! We shared a delicious Italian salad (large enough to share) and also ordered a Quatro Formaggio Pizza-- which was amazing! It was very thin crust and wasn't terribly over-filling.) We also ordered one of the brushetta appetizers (goat cheese and fennel relish) and we did not care for it all that much.

All that we ordered was more than enough for us three girls. I highly recommend this GREAT spot.

(Note: the atmosphere is not very quiet--- more energetic but also could be romantic in an upbeat sort of way.)

Reviewed June 25, 2010

The menu is a bit pricey, but the food is out of this world. You actually feel like your stepping into italy. Definately if your in wilmington, you must try it.

Reviewed March 26, 2010

The groved wooden tabletops are covered with rancid olive oil staining and crumbs that are never cleaned out of those groves. These tables are teeming with bacteria and the rancid smells overwhelm any great food that might be served on them. If you are going to serve olive oil as a condiment and crusty bread you must have a glass or cloth covered tabletop that can be easily cleaned. It has kept us away from good food.

2  Thank debellisb