“I wish I lived closer!”
Review of Osteria Cicchetti

Osteria Cicchetti
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Cicchetti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 693 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eastwood Road
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Loved this restaurant. I thought all of the food was delicious. The calamari was the best I have had in a long time!! We were a party of 8 and everyone enjoyed their meals. The atmosphere is neat, and the server was friendly.. I would definitely eat here all the time...if I just lived closer.

There are newer reviews for Osteria Cicchetti

Reviewed September 17, 2009

After ordering a plate of spaghetti with meatballs and sausages I was disappointed with the tomato sauce since it needed more cooking. The pasta was al dente and was fine. The sauce was bright red and needed to be cooked for several hours and also could have used some garlic. I sat at the bar and the bartender (Britney) took my order then proceeded to come back after I was nearly finished eating to ask me about the meal.

Reviewed September 15, 2009

The reason for the surprise is that it looks like just another chain type of restaurant ala Macaroni Grill, but the variety, quality, originality, service, value and overall satisfaction with the experience were above those of any chain. So good that we can't wait to go back and try some of the many tapas style apetizers, salads, pizza and other entree offerings. I can't imagine you can do better for an Italian meal at these prices in Wilmington, or anywhere else for that matter.

1  Thank PhotoTheatre
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We will be moving to Wilmington at summers end.We visited the area last month to get our bearnings. Having lived in New York, we are very particular about our thin crust pizza. I read about Osteria on this site an decided to give it a try. It's not New York pizza but more like pizza in Naples,Italy. Unbelievably good. My husband and i went for lunch and started by sharing a caesars salad. Nice and lemony. We then shared a pizza with sausage and fennel. Ahhhh. Our waitress was so friendly and the atmosphere so relaxed, we stayed and shared the ricotta cvheesecake. Good, but not great. We added on two espressos, one sambucca and a desert wine that I asked our waitress to select. We were conserned what our dining expeiences would be like after leaving New York. If Osteria Cicchetti is any example, goodbye New York, hello Wilmington!

1  Thank NewYorkNCBound
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Let me start with my positive comments: Cicchetti is a lovely restaurant. The food looks exquisite. The portions are generous.

Those are the nicest things I can say. I was there last night with a group of friends. I ordered a spinach salad for starters..pears, walnuts, goat cheese..mmmmm. My first bite: SALT. From the goat cheese, perhaps? The dressing? Very disappointing. Moving on to my entree of Tortelloni Michelangelo, an enticing blend of tortelloni, mushrooms, peas, sundried tomatoes and pancetta. It looked mouthwateringly delicious, just as I had anticipated. First taste: SALT. So overwhelmingly salty that I could not eat my meal. I had another piece of bread (the fresh bread and crackers also show signs on the crust of heavy handed use of sea salt). Moving along, I certainly had room for dessert and chose the Amaretto Ricotto cheesecake with chocolate biscotti crust. Now THAT couldn't possibly be inedibly salty. And, it wasn't. It had no taste whatsoever. Thinking perhaps at that point my taste buds had been destroyed from the salt, one of my friends sampled the cheesecake and agreed....perfectly bland. It was perched upon a pool of bittersweet chocolate sauce which was anything but bland. It was just super bitter chocolate.

Oddly, even though I had not touched my entree and barely touched my dessert, our waiter never inquired if there was anything wrong with my meal. He happily packed up the "leftovers" for me to take home. No point in complaining to someone who doesn't care; I just won't be back. Actually I will be back once more....I want to drive around to the back to see if there is a mountain of sea salt awaiting this week's service.

I noticed another review from a customer who ate there yesterday also. I need to find out what their table ordered. Obviously I made very, very poor choices!

PS...if you want balsamic vinegar for dipping, you'll have to ask your waitperson. According to ours, there are only 2 bottles of balsamic for the entire dining room so they can't leave it on your table. He said there used to be 3 bottles, but one had broken. You may want to bring your own from home if you enjoy balsamic vinegar.