“Great Restaurant”
Review of Osteria Cicchetti

Osteria Cicchetti
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Cicchetti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 694 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eastwood Road
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Lunch was awesome and the service was great. Good price and the decor is fantastic. Duaghter and I had a great time. Would highly recommend this to anyone visiting the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area.

There are newer reviews for Osteria Cicchetti

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I love the atmosphere, the food and the service at this place!! I have dined here several times and have never left disappointed. Now, that's not to say that I've never had problems here b/c I definitely have a couple times (no one's perfect) but the comebacks from those mistakes have still left me with great reviews of this restaurant.

As a huge mushroom fan, of course I had to try the veal masala. To my dismay, it came out burnt. Even the waiter looked embarrassed for the kitchen when he brought it out. Not only did the manager profusely apologize and remake it, but the waiter must've told him that I was debating between two entrees that night and he offered to also make the other one so I could try that as well (all complimentary). I sampled both dishes and sampled my husband's as well and everything had great flavor and presentation.

This past time, we were stuck in a VERY small table with limited room to say the least. The service was actually a little too good! Our bread was served and then our appetizer was brought out immediately followed by our entrees. There was not only not enough room on the table for all of the food, but we felt rushed and sent the entrees back to the kitchen to be "held" under the heat lamp while we enjoyed our meal at a relaxing pace. The manager (Aaron)came over and apologized for the confusion and "intimate"setting of our table. He assured us that our food would be hot and perfect for us when we were ready for it. And it was! He also offered complimentary desert (peach cobbler, absolutely perfect!) I ordered the catch of the day which had a smoked grill flavor to it and the lemon shrimp risotto, great flavor and exactly what I wanted! My date the linguini calabrese in a white wine reduction, which was just good. It had a very mild flavor (almost too mild to the point of bland), but good.

Overall, I love the atmosphere here, inside, outside or the bar area. The food is great as well as the desserts and if it's not perfect they are more than happy to make it perfect and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Treated a friend last night for her birthday, and what a great time we had. "The OC" could not have been more enjoyable and our server, Mort, was a true professional; attentive without being intrusive. Several times I noticed him at a distance checking our table to see if we needed anything or were ready for our next stage. We started off with craft cocktails. The Manhattan Perfetto was served straight up and ice cold. Just delicious. The birthday girl had the Bellini of prosecco with muddled strawberries and attested to its excellence. Along with our drinks we enjoyed a few tapas. I can enthusiastically recommend the Artichokes Francaise.. Oh my. Very lightly breaded artichokes in a wonderful lemon butter sauce. We both decided on pasta and the Pappardelle Bolognese was served steaming hot and perfectly prepared. We split a White and Black chocolate cake with coffee (served hot and fresh) for dessert and left beyond satisfied. We noticed that every table was occupied - no wonder!

1  Thank CatalanYankeeGirl
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The food was good, hot, and fresh. The prices were reasonable for the quality. Service was attentive.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

A flexible and broad menu with a good range of pastas and pizzas is always a good sign in an Italian. I had a lovely meal here this evening. I chose the notoriously hard-to-get-it-as-you-like-it spaghetti carbonara which was deliciously creamy and generously portioned. My girlfriend went for a pepperoni pizza which was uniquely presented in an elliptical shape and which she enjoyed thoroughly. Service was prompt, our waitress friendly and attentive. The only confusing aspect for me was the decor. There were columns reminiscent of Ancient Rome, cupboards of a trattoria and exposed piping in the increasingly popular industrial look. We enjoyed our meal a lot and would return in the future.