“Cozy and rustic”
Review of Osteria Cicchetti

Osteria Cicchetti
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Cicchetti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 673 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eastwood Road
Franklinton, North Carolina, United States
“Cozy and rustic”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We enjoyed this restaurant (across from Mayfaire) a lot. The Italian salad was awesome and we enjoyed the variety of rustic breads served first. The wine list is extensive and expensive, but my $12 glass of wine actually poured a glass and a half from the carafe that was brought, and it was fantastic wine. The chicken Marsala was not was I expected (dark gravy and no Marsala flavor at all) but nonetheless it was fantastic. It was served over a large bed of steamed spinach. This restaurant was a perfect atmosphere for a romantic dinner out.

• Visited February 2014

“not the best.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Each time i go I like it less. Visited the new location and left disappointed. Appetizers were the best part of the meal. Or maybe stick to the flat-breads. Had the eggplant entree and would be hard to tell there was any eggplant in it. Bad when I have to say I would rather go to the big chain Italian restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Old world atmosphere really neat”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

we had great service and food. Our first time there and wasn't sure if it'd be good or not because it's in a strip mall. It was very good I had the eggplant and my friends had the salmon. All was great and our waiter was so helpful. My husband is very tall and the table he sat us at didn't fit his legs so after he poured the water and all we asked him if there was a different table he moved us and was extremely nice about it. Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you're craving good Italian food, OC is not the place. This time we dined at the new Monkey Junction location. Other than the calamari appetizer and the bread pudding desert, our entrees were quite tasteless. We started with a Caesar salad that lacked enough dressing to be a mere bowlful of lettuce. My wife and I ordered chicken and shrimp Francaise. Both dishes were laden with a thick sauce with a hint of lemon, but quite tasteless. The sauce had rendered the egg batter to be mushy and the bed of spinach was overcooked and slimy. The service was quite neglectful for our party of six in the overcrowded "dinning hall." As an Italian restaurant the OC dreadfully fails and can't even pass for mediocre hospital dining.

• Visited January 2014
Florence, South Carolina
“Huge portions of Americanized Italian food”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Although we enjoyed the atmosphere of OC, the food was underwhelming. I got the chicken saltimbocca or scallopine and it was a lot thicker, greasier, and more breaded than I imagined it would be. The bed of spinach it was served on was quite tasty though. The chicken itself was not that flavorful.

The wine selection was more low-mid range price & quality. The service was OK, not great.

I will try other Italian restaurants next time we're in Wilmington.

• Visited August 2013