“Old world atmosphere really neat”
Review of Osteria Cicchetti

Osteria Cicchetti
Ranked #34 of 721 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eastwood Road
Reviewed January 23, 2014

we had great service and food. Our first time there and wasn't sure if it'd be good or not because it's in a strip mall. It was very good I had the eggplant and my friends had the salmon. All was great and our waiter was so helpful. My husband is very tall and the table he sat us at didn't fit his legs so after he poured the water and all we asked him if there was a different table he moved us and was extremely nice about it. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you're craving good Italian food, OC is not the place. This time we dined at the new Monkey Junction location. Other than the calamari appetizer and the bread pudding desert, our entrees were quite tasteless. We started with a Caesar salad that lacked enough dressing to be a mere bowlful of lettuce. My wife and I ordered chicken and shrimp Francaise. Both dishes were laden with a thick sauce with a hint of lemon, but quite tasteless. The sauce had rendered the egg batter to be mushy and the bed of spinach was overcooked and slimy. The service was quite neglectful for our party of six in the overcrowded "dinning hall." As an Italian restaurant the OC dreadfully fails and can't even pass for mediocre hospital dining.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Although we enjoyed the atmosphere of OC, the food was underwhelming. I got the chicken saltimbocca or scallopine and it was a lot thicker, greasier, and more breaded than I imagined it would be. The bed of spinach it was served on was quite tasty though. The chicken itself was not that flavorful.

The wine selection was more low-mid range price & quality. The service was OK, not great.

I will try other Italian restaurants next time we're in Wilmington.

1  Thank KelekeWahine
Reviewed January 1, 2014

the one in monkey junction is a much better than the original. same food but better cooks. service was professional and the food was as good as it gets. i'll be back

Reviewed December 21, 2013

taken there for dinner with friends, would definitely return if I still lived there, extensive menu, great fast service, not too loud, reasonable prices, different veal marsala, dark gravy this time, veal piled on top of wilted spinach, great bread for eating all the gravy. good wine and beer list