“Best Italian restaurant in Wilmington!”
Review of Osteria Cicchetti

Osteria Cicchetti
Ranked #33 of 702 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eastwood Road
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The food is extraordinary! I frequent this restaurant several times a year and it is always a positive experience for me and the friends I bring along as well! The atmosphere is wonderful and I especially love the outdoor seating. The first time I ever dined at the restaurant I had an amazing server that was extremely knowledgable of the menu and helped us to choose the perfect meal! I am always pleased with the O.C. and will definitely be coming back soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the oc twice and it was outstanding both times. I got the same dish both times penne alla vodka and I added chicken, it was sooo good and they give you LOTS of food, the chunks of tomato in it are scrumptious. My fiancé got the tortellini Michelangelo it was very creamy and yummy. The bread is a very good starter with the olive oil. The calamari is some of the best I've ever had. I like the light batter on it and the sauces are unique and good as well. The first time the soup of the day was a tomato based clam chowder which was amazing. The service was friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that in the back side room to the left where we were sitting it was really dark. It took me a minute to adjust my eyes, I saw multiple people with their cell phone trying to see the menu also it was 5 dollars extra to add chicken to my dish, 3 dollars would of been high enough. Overall excellent food, we will be back!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is our favorite restaurant in Wilmington. Amazing Italian food at really reasonable prices. The service is usually really attentive. I almost always order the special seafood dish of the day and haven't been disappointed yet. The Veal Saltimbocca is really delicious and rich, all the bruschette we've had are good, and the pizza is the closest I've had to what you get in Italy, although different from American or even great NY pizza. My wife lives off the spinach salad with pear and a creamy sherry dressing. The only miss we've ever had were the mussels which were alright but just tasted like they were just sitting in bland broth. Bread is amazing. They say they fly in the dough from NY daily which sounds like a restaurant urban legend. Either way, I'm not complaining.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

While on vacation we tried this restaurant the night before we were to leave. It was busy and the wait was for 45 mins. We were able to get a table in the bar area the waitress came right over we ordered drinks and appetizers of french style artichokes and eggplant parmesan. Delish to both. The wait sped bye so fast i was sure that it was only 10 mins. Our appetizers were moved to the dining area. The pizza was unbelievably so tasty with the crust thin an crispy. I ordered the Quattro formagio And asked for shrimp to be added and they were very accommodating, The gluten free pasta was also very good. My favorite was the bread pudding with white chocolate and made from croissants. It was heaven in one bite. I was sad to leave the next day because we would of definitely returned.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a wonderful meal on Saturday night, celebrating two birthdays, two couples went. All four of us loved our meals. Located across from Mayfaire mall in the Forum, easy parking. Indoor looks like a café scene, kind of dark but great ambiance, and there were a couple of outdoor tables near a fountain.
. Nice selection of wine and some cocktails. We started with the calamari, which was a HUGE plate of lightly breaded and fried with 2 sauces. Then onto the soup; both the tomato basil (they have it daily; amazing soup!) and the New England clam chowder (soup of the day) were outstanding, and the soup "cups" were double the size, more like a small bowl. They brought fresh crusty bread and had good quality olive oil for dipping. We got the small dinner salads (choose from the Italian, which is so fresh and has tomatoes and onions and other veggies and cheese) or the Cesar (one of the BEST Cesar salads I have ever had. Going back to have the larger size as a meal soon with chicken or shrimp on top!)
Dinner was excellent; I had a pasta dish w/ grilled chicken, sun dried tomatoes, and a light wine sauce. My husband loves linguine and clams and had the red sauce, was very good and a big portion on both. Our friends ordered veal marsala and lasagna. The lasagna was good, but comes with a rose or pink sauce, and she prefers marinara, but did enjoy it. His veal was excellent ("not as salty as many I have tried, excellent seasoning and very tender")
The service was top notch. All questions answered and great recommendations and we never had to ask fro bread or water, was instantly refilled.
We had heard this place was good, we are definitely going back. Loved it! Would be good for a party, girls out, a date or couples night. (The only thing that might be hard is a business lunch or dinner if you are going to look over any paperwork, as it is a tad dark. ) Try it!