“Fabulous Sunday Brunch”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had the Sunday brunch and found it to be fabulous. The buffet of foods seemed endless and the serve was as good as I have ever had.

The wait staff were all friendly and very accommodating. I really must say it just a fabulous dining experience.

Do make reservations!!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went for brunch Easter Sunday. The food was good, and there was a nice variety to choose from. Great value.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

After an extremely disappointing meal at The Oceanic the night before, I was still in search of seafood. Luckily, I drove past Boca Bay earlier in the day and thought I'd give it try. It did not disappoint. The sourdough bread and butter are a nice start. The tuna trio is fresh and delicious with a spicy tuna roll that is fantastic. Great salad with artichokes, capers, feta and a lemon balsamic. For my entree, I ordered the fried shrimp and flounder I had tried at the Oceanic from the night before. It was like night and day. The shrimp were fresh, lightly breaded and just right. The flounder was fresh and flaky and also fried to near perfection. My daughter had another sushi roll which looked delicious. Unfortunately, we were too full for dessert. We'll have to go back again!

2  Thank Robert S
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The sour dough bread to start was excellent. The 4 of us shared a crab dip - yummy and very rich, it comes with toasted thin slices of sour dough. For entrees we had a variety among us which I will describe:
- fettucini with scallops and shrimp: the pasta is a bit on the heavier side and the sauce is thin (not the thick kind you might be expecting), but overall very tasty. Scallops and shrimp were pan fried lightly or sauteed before being added to the dish.
- fried oysters and shrimp came with hush puppies and cole slaw. Very tasty and not too greasy and not too much coating.
- shrimp and grits - this version is not spicy at all. Cooked with pancetta (like bacon), mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Rich but not too rich - the person who ate it said it was the best she ever had.
- organic salad with sugared walnuts, pear slices - topped with optional salmon. I skipped the gorgonzola which normally comes with it and substituted feta cheese which was yummy. And added the optional salmon. Delicious - exactly what I wanted.

The service was very good. Our waitress wasn't chatty but she was very knowledgeable, helpful with advice about substitutions or comparing dishes, and super efficient.

We arrived when they opened for dinner at 5:30 pm and were the first to be seated. But the place rapidly filled up. Get reservations as this place is popular - and for good reason!

We have had several really good meals in the Wrightsville beach area. This was on the higher end in terms of quality of food, setting and service. Attire is nice casual during the week. But you get the feeling of being in a more formal restaurant. Clearly a lot of people come here after work to enjoy the bar or eat dinner.

HIghly recommend this restaurant. Menu is extensive - something on it for everyone. You can see it on the website. We would definitely go again!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Delicious fresh quality food, good choices on wine list, nice atmosphere.

My husband and I chose to eat at Boca Bay on our recent trip to Wilmington. We wanted fresh seafood while visiting the coast that wasn't fried and greasy (hard to find when staying in North Myrtle). Boca Bay satisfied our craving. Sunday-Thursday they offer a prix fixe menu that includes a salad, entree and dessert. Even though the portions were supposed to be "smaller," I found it to be the perfect amount and a great value. I ordered the crab cakes, and they were very tasty. The dessert was coconut sushi which was like an inside out Mounds bar-absolutely divine! My husband ordered the (non-pre fixe) flounder almondine. He was impressed with the portion size, the presentation, and the flavor. Be sure you visit on Wednesday-1/2 price bottles of wine. After reading a few other reviews stating that the wine list didn't offer enough variety, I thought we might be disappointed with our options. But, there were plenty of choices! If you can't find a wine you would like off this menu, you are way too picky. The atmosphere in the restaurant was nice. It felt like a fine dining experience without being stuffy. Valet parking was available although I'm not really sure why you would need it. I do not give scores of 5 on tripadvisor very often. This restaurant deserved this distinction. We will visit again.

1  Thank volsgirl06