“Beautiful Animals”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful Animals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I have only been here once but I thought the zoo was a great place to visit. The entire place seemed very clean and the animals seemed to be well taken care of. I will admit the cages are pretty small but they are kept clean and the animals seem well fed. You can also purchase snacks for the animals and feed them. I can see why people could say it is sad to see the animals this way but for such a small area I think it's a great place to visit. I mean the animals get to relax all day while people feed them. How much better can it get? Definitely worth it to visit!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Stephanie H

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sad :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Terrible facility for animals. I don't know how they are still open. I went with a field trip for free and was glad they did not receive any financial support from me.

Visited July 2013
6 Thank Erika M
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sad to see”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

The only reason I wanted to go was to see all of the beautiful animals I would never see otherwise. when I got there I was shocked. The 'homes' of these animals were absolutely ridiculous. Each animal had its own space yet it wasn't much. It was so sad to see them living like that. Something has got to be done.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank JRunyon
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“DO NOT VISIT THIS ZOO!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I visited this zoo on a date and was absolutely horrified by what I saw. It made me want to cry. I immediately reported it to as many sources as I could.
The animals are in small barren cages with shelters that are far too small. There was a buildup of feces and urine in many of the cages and they seemed extremely uncomfortable. I don't believe anyone could really think this zoo is okay.

Visited August 2013
7 Thank Kelly S
Greencastle, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice little zoo! Will go back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place is worth visiting and we will go back when we are in the area! The animals all seemed to be EXTREMELY well cared for, pens were very clean, staff was friendly and was hard at work while we were there cleaning around the pens and visitor areas. This place may seem old fashioned but you can see the animals up-close while still being a safe distance from them. We were impressed with the variety of species represented and will tell you that we think this little attraction is better than the large local zoo here in Indiana. Our time here was enjoyable! Loved the Syrian Bear and enjoyed reading the display information about all of the animals. Will go back for sure!

Visited August 2013