“A lot of fun”

Cape Fear Segway Tours
Ranked #3 of 40 Tours in Wilmington
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway tours of historic downtown Wilmington and the riverfront (voted most scenic riverfront in the nation)according to USA Today. Must be at least 13 to participate and under 270lbs. Reservations are required! Due to the construction downtown, most tours will start at 602 Surry St (Dram Tree Park) with free parking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our 1+ hour tour on the Segways. It was our first time on them and we both found that controlling the machine was very easy. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable (he's a TV and movie encyclopedia) and funny. We chose the extended 1-hour tour and I'm glad we did. If we go back to Wilmington again we'll definitely take the 2-hour tour.

I highly recommend making a reservation because there's a limited number of Segways available.

2  Thank CraigS28

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We did the Segway tour on Memorial Day weekend. We were first timers, and did fine. I did come close to having an accident, but luckily recovered - be careful going downhill. I loved it and would certainly do it again! Our guide was very entertaining. I suggest making a reservation.

3  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We recently visited some long time friends in Wilmington. They made all sorts of fun reservations for us! Our favorite had to be the segway tour with Damon!
I was scared...really, really scared! Terrified!!!!! However, Damon was so very patient with me! He even modified the trip to make me feel more secure! We had a terrific time. Damon was hilarious but yet filled with facts about the city. By the time we got back to tour start, I was disaappointed we weren't going out longer! Really if I can do it...you can do it!
Thank you, Damon, for a wonderful memory!!!

3  Thank CosmoLady
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were a group of four "first timers". What a great experience! I learned quickly that the key is to relax and just flow with it. We had so much fun! Damon is a great guide, He shared lots of history facts plus trivia about the area. We'd like to go again!

3  Thank NCMil
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Four of us were on the tour. This was a birthday present. The instruction was good and the staff was great. They are very concerned about safety. Takes no time to learn. Good tour. Don't miss it.
Did I say it's a lot of fun.

2  Thank Lewis L