“Great Food ,Good Price!”
Review of Sawmill Restaurant

Sawmill Restaurant
Ranked #147 of 724 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Everything I've eaten her has been good. I especially liked their turkey / dressing and pork chops. they have a super special before 5 PM on week days, worth eating early.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for dinner on 9/4/12. This is an old-school, country cooking type place. The yellow signage, the strip mall location, and the plain decor made it rather pedestrian - and to be honest, we weren't looking for the Saw Mill Restaurant to be anything special.

We were wrong - it was very good, far better than we expected. I will point out that it was not perfect, as all of our sides tasted "industrial" (meaning they all appeared to be either out-of-the-can, packaged, frozen, or instant). So, though not perfect, the sides were still okay (but certainly not homemade, country cooking).

It was the main dishes - the meats - that the Saw Mill Restaurant really excelled at. My wife got the Country-styled Steak special and the steak was so tender that she cut it with her fork. The taste and quality was perfect - just like Grandmom would make (although the brown gravy tasted a bit "packaged"... it was okay, not spectacular). Again, the tenderness and tastiness of the steak made her dinner worth coming in for.

As for me, I ordered the grilled Salmon patties - and although they were a little on the thin side, they were grilled to perfection. Both patties were hot, delicious, and of high quality! I recommend them.

We both got hushpuppies and we liked them a lot. The sweet tea was very nice - and our waitress & service was excellent. Again, the meats alone made this a place to remember.

The restaurant was rather large, and very busy - especially for a Tuesday during "off season" (post Labor Day). We got the vibe that this is a very popular and successful enterprise. If all of their meats / main courses are as good as ours - we can see why. We give this establishment a thumbs up.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I normally don't eat breakfast, but I would suggest this place to anyone looking for a nice country feel. They have a very friendly staff. I will be back

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a great place for breakfast. I saw they really keep the short line moving. I got mine to go because I had a dog in the car but the place I could tell, was a favorite of the locals.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stopped in for a late breakfast on our last day in Carolina Beach - we had a party of 8 so we had to wait a bit for a table since the place was packed at 10:30am. Food was great, omelettes were good, biscuits & gravy were great, coffee was excellent. Would definitely give it a try if you're looking for a breakfast spot.